E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Misfire under load

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 mercedes e320 w211 petrol
Misfire under load

Hi Everybody. Please help. I recently purchased a second hand engine for my car (E320 petrol). The engine arrived with a spark plug attached to the plug lead, like the previous owner was checking for spark. I fitted the motor which started up perfectly. It drive smooth under normal driving. The moment you apply load, like up hill, its picks up a severe misfire. No codes and on real time data, it does not pick up any cylinder misfire.
I changed, the plugs, coils, injectors, injector rail, egr, throttle body, air flow sensor and all pneumatics. In fact I changed every part and item above the engine. According to diagnostics, this car is perfect. Why is it misfiring. Please I will appreciate any assistance.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Raj Morar
Hi Everybody. Please help. I recently purchased a second hand engine for my car (E320 petrol). The engine arrived with a spark plug attached to the plug lead, like the previous owner was checking for spark. I fitted the motor which started up perfectly. It drive smooth under normal driving. The moment you apply load, like up hill, its picks up a severe misfire. No codes and on real time data, it does not pick up any cylinder misfire.
I changed, the plugs, coils, injectors, injector rail, egr, throttle body, air flow sensor and all pneumatics. In fact I changed every part and item above the engine. According to diagnostics, this car is perfect. Why is it misfiring. Please I will appreciate any assistance.
UPDATE: I just returned from the engineer. Pressure tested both heads. No leaks or cracks. No problems with the valves.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
but did ya change the coil sparkplug WIRES?
The following users liked this post:
Raj Morar (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by cmriv
but did ya change the coil sparkplug WIRES?
Sorry. Should have mentioned it. I did change the spark plug wires.