E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

08 E350 - Pentosin ATF 1 LV (transmission fluid change)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Mercedes-Benz E350, 09 BMW 528i
08 E350 - Pentosin ATF 1 LV (transmission fluid change)

Hey everyone. I have an 08 E350 w/ the 7G-Tronic transmission. Does anyone know if this fluid (Pentosin ATF 1 LV) fluid is compatible with this transmission?

Amazon.com and Pelican Parts both say it's compatible, but I can't seem to verify it anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,171 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
You're looking for MB 236.14 fluid. A popular one is Shell ATF 134, but you can find the list of approved fluids at:

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevol...236.14_en.html

If you read that sheet, Pentosin ATF 1 LV isn't on that list. That's why it says it's suitable for applications that call for those fluids, but it hasn't been approved by the manufacturer. Usually that's because they don't want to pay some license fee to the manufacturer. When that happens, I just use a fluid that is. Also you can just get Shell ATF 134 at a shell distributor for less. It was about $5 a quart so around $60 for a case of 12 quarts at the distributor.

http://www.shell.us/business-custome...RzL3B1YmxpYy8=

That site list distributor headquarters, you'd have to check each distributor to see if they have a location near you.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:55 AM

Thanks! I thought it was strange that I couldn't find the certification on the Pentosin website. I ended up going with RAVENOL ATF M 9-Serie, since they were on the certified list.

Now my question is that since my last transmission service, they used MB genuine ATF. If they drain/fill + replace the AT filter, and refill with this fluid, will this fluid conflict with the genuine MB ATF that's already inside it (since they won't be able to get 100% of it out)?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,171 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
If it meets spec, then it's fine to mix. That's the whole point of a spec.

Same deal with motor oil, I've had Castrol, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, whatever was cheaper and met spec.
The following users liked this post:
coronat (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 01:00 AM

Perfect, thank you!
Old 11-23-2017, 03:00 AM

2004 E500
PRESS RELEASE For additional information contact: Monika LaPrete, Marketing Communications Manager Phone: (609) 578.4100 Fax: (609) 578.4050 E-mail: Mlaprete@crpindustries.com CRP Introduces Pentosin ATF 1 LV Long-Life Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid for Mercedes-Benz Applications -Specially formulated for lifetime application in automatic gearboxes - Cranbury, NJ… CRP Automotive, a leading source of OE-quality replacement parts for Asian and European import vehicle applications, has introduced Pentosin ATF 1 LV Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid and is recommended for Mercedes-Benz 236.10, 236.12, and 236.14 specifications. Pentosin ATF 1 LV is ideal for lifetime applications in automatic gearboxes. It can also be used where a ‘low-viscosity’ ATF is required. The Pentosin ATF 1 LV formula is based on the highest available grade synthetic base oils and additive components, which allow it to meet the Mercedes specifications. It uses a high performance shear stable VI-Improver plus modern anti-wear chemistry and friction modifiers to guarantee a sound, stable friction performance in modern automatic transmissions equipped with an electronically controlled converter clutch. Pentosin ATF 1 LV is available in 1L and 5L sizes. All Pentosin technical fluids are backed by the CRP Automotive standard of excellence. For more information, visit: www.pentosin.net About Pentosin: Deutsche Pentosin Werke GmbH (Pentosin) is a leading innovator and manufacturer of high-tech automotive fluids that are approved and recommended for use as both initial fill (OEM) and service refill by over twenty-five international automotive manufacturers. CRP has been Pentosin’s NAFTA market partner since 1983, handling all sales and service activities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Pentosin program includes antifreeze, brake fluid, central hydraulic/power steering fluid, motor oil, and transmission fluid. About CRP Automotive CRP Automotive is a part of CRP Industries, a leader in the marketing and supply of automotive parts and industrial products. CRP Automotive provides some of the industry’s leading brand names, including ContiTech Automotive Belts, ReinŽ Automotive Parts and Accessories, Pentosin Technical Fluids, and AJUSA Engine Parts. All products are backed by the CRP promise of quality and superior service. Founded in 1954 as the North American partner of Continental AG, CRP Automotive has established a solid reputation for exceeding its customers’