E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NEED HELP RIM HITTING BRAKE CALIPER, WHEEL SPACERS??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4Matic
Thumbs down NEED HELP RIM HITTING BRAKE CALIPER, WHEEL SPACERS??

New member here, not sure how this works or if this is where I should be posting this. I am trying to install new wheels on my 2007 E550 4matic. I currently have a more low profile wheel setup right now however I got a killer deal on older Mercedes wheels with brand new snow tires (I live in Denver). Only problem is that I fitted the wheels on the rear and didn't think about the front stock brake caliper being so large that the wheel wouldn't fit. My fault, I know.. Now, I am looking to possibly use wheel spacers to clear the calipers on the front. I have found a site with the hubcentric spacers for a pretty good price and they have sizes ranging from 5mm to 20mm with the lip. I know I'm going to need longer wheel bolts. Anyone here have experience with these? Will this method work? Am I screwed? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
I'd look for a set of wheels that fit correctly. I know a lot of people on here are fine with using spacers, but I'd never put them on one of my vehicles.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
It would depend if that spacer can make enough gap between ur wheel and brakes and definitely need bigger bolts. Another issue you might run in, maybe not depends on wheel width, with spacers the wheels/tires might stick out the fenders which look ugly. Hondas, I'm used to em now but it just hurts to see a European auto like that. Another solution is to just sell those and buy new wheels that would fit perfectly. Yes, you should've looked into space before buying em.