Keyless Go 07 E350 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless Go 07 E350

Reply

 
 
Old 11-19-2017, 01:37 PM
  #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Keyless Go 07 E350

I recently purchased 07 E350 with keyless entry. The three passenger ext. handles work but driver side is bad. Dealer confirmed vin # has push start, but gear shift knob does not have button. I purchased a used driver handle and button for ignition, but neither worked. My question is does anyone have any advice as to why ignition button does nothing.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:58 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 2,128
Thanked 186 Times in 175 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Well there was an old thread around about how the wires for the push button ignition gets frayed and how to take it apart and repair the wire.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:16 PM
  #3
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
Well there was an old thread around about how the wires for the push button ignition gets frayed and how to take it apart and repair the wire.
Thanks, I believe I read that one regarding the shift knob button wires. I bought a pop in button that fits key ignition.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:20 PM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 2,128
Thanked 186 Times in 175 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
That button is for 2010+. Someone must have changed the shifter when the button stop because 2007 only had the start/stop button on the shifter, not the ignition.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:30 PM
  #5
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
That button is for 2010+. Someone must have changed the shifter when the button stop because 2007 only had the start/stop button on the shifter, not the ignition.
Thank You! That is what I wasn't sure of. So do you know if this year had a keyless go or keyless entry option separate or does that package come together? Is it possible I have the keyless entry,but not start, because I don't see someone replacing shift knob because button failed, just for looks.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:34 PM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 2,128
Thanked 186 Times in 175 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Keyless go was always one package. If you have it, the trunk also detects the key and you just open the handle and it automatically unlocks. Same with the gas cap cover, locking unless it detects the key. It would be in the vin, just use some of the vin decoders out there:

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz

Maybe the metal button came off the top of the shifter? Hard to say without any pictures. Who knows what dealers or previous owners may do.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:47 PM
  #7
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
Keyless go was always one package. If you have it, the trunk also detects the key and you just open the handle and it automatically unlocks. Same with the gas cap cover, locking unless it detects the key. It would be in the vin, just use some of the vin decoders out there:

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz

Maybe the metal button came off the top of the shifter? Hard to say without any pictures. Who knows what dealers or previous owners may do.
Thx again, dealer confirmed vin but were kinda quick and rude since I wasn't getting any service. I will have to look into shift knob now because I would really love that feature.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM
  #8
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by Red Rasta View Post
Thx again, dealer confirmed vin but were kinda quick and rude since I wasn't getting any service. I will have to look into shift knob now because I would really love that feature.
My shift knob now is woodgrain finish on top with no button space.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:51 PM
  #9
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 2,128
Thanked 186 Times in 175 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
What country are you in? The 2007 had a face lift and the shifter had an MB star logo on top when it didn't have keyless go. The 2003-2006 had the older interior and had a smooth woodgrain finish when it had no keyless go. Are you sure yours is a 2007?
cetialpha5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:05 PM
  #10
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
What country are you in? The 2007 had a face lift and the shifter had an MB star logo on top when it didn't have keyless go. The 2003-2006 had the older interior and had a smooth woodgrain finish when it had no keyless go. Are you sure yours is a 2007?
U.S. and you are right it does have the logo on top. I got confused with my bmw. It is definitely 07 and definitely has the keyless entry feature other than driver handle which is bad both open and lock button.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:49 PM
  #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 2,128
Thanked 186 Times in 175 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
So what was wrong with the door handle? I wouldn't get a used one because water gets inside the contacts and corrodes them. You can get a new one from oediscountparts.com, they have free shipping, there are other sites which are cheaper, but typically once you factor in shipping, it's more. I also wonder if your easy open function works, hold down the open button and point it at the driver's door handle, there's an IR sensor next to the handle and it's supposed to roll down all the windows and open the sunroof if the IR sensor is working.

As for your shifter, no idea if it got replaced with a generic one or if someone just popped the regular logo button on top of the switch. If you read the threads that cover fixing the broker wire in the shifter, it should tell you how to take it all apart and when you have it apart you can figure out exactly what you have.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:50 PM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
konigstiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 8,692
Thanked 556 Times in 478 Posts
'71 Pinto

Here is OEM KG shift handle (part # 2112674510), data card should list code 889. Possibly previous owner replaced knob. If this is the case post or PM VIN for complete part # with color code.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
remove gear shift cover.pdf (78.6 KB, 7 views)
konigstiger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:17 PM
  #13
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by konigstiger View Post

Here is OEM KG shift handle (part # 2112674510), data card should list code 889. Possibly previous owner replaced knob. If this is the case post or PM VIN for complete part # with color code.
I appreciate your time/help. Original handle buttons don't click but window roll down function works partially if I hold key fob very close to sensor. Sometimes they will all roll down partially then stop. I ordered a used handle from an older e55 that matched, but got refund because buttons clicked but didn't work. I will order new from the site you mentioned.I will check the site on how to remove shift knob assembly to see if wires are there. Thx again!
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:26 AM
  #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Strigoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Martinez, CA
Posts: 1,572
Thanked 76 Times in 74 Posts
2007 E63, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 Dodge Durango
Once you pop the plate up that holds the boot and everything there should be a little piece you can twist at the base of the knob (under the boot) that will release it. IIRC it just takes a 1/4 turn.
Strigoi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 AM
  #15
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
07 e350
Originally Posted by Strigoi View Post
Once you pop the plate up that holds the boot and everything there should be a little piece you can twist at the base of the knob (under the boot) that will release it. IIRC it just takes a 1/4 turn.
I removed shift boot assembly yesterday and did see the two pin holes on top of shaft. I guess I just have to purchase push button shift knob now. I wish there was a way to remove mercedes emblem on top of existing knob and just install push button, so you don't have to buy the whole knob.
Red Rasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Copyright © 2001-2018 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: