Hopefully not a sign of things to come

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Hopefully not a sign of things to come

I figured i'd post this here as opposed to the E55 forum since it has more to do w/ the E class in general than the E55 specifically. Anyway, i've had my car since Wed. It is awesome and it's been very hard to follow the break in procedure i'm dying to stomp on the gas. Well, the first thing I noticed was that the "passenger air bag off" light was on when I left the dealer (don't they notice this kind of stuff). It has remained on, however when someone sits in the seat the light goes off. My E500 did not operate this way. Is the air bag supposed to be off when the seat is unoccupied? Today I open the sunroof, and the thing seems like it's stuck as it's going back. Made some funny noise, and stopped about halfway. My wife was next to me and looked up on my side and running from front back the plastic and rubber "weather stripping" was completely broken and ripped !! It looks like a hungry dog chewed on it. Did not make me happy. I'm thinking, OK $85K car and s**t is falling apart. The next thing has me even more concerned because in my mind I forsee getting the old "no problem found" from the dealer. The sunroof is easy, they'll just fix it. I was driving around in near my house today and turned on the map. I was shocked to see that MANY MANY streets were not named. The line was there, but no name. I KNOW they were there on my E500. It also seems that i'm already passed the street when It finally appears on the map. There was one particular street that was not named. I made a u-turn went past again, and it was named. WTF? Like I said, this kind of stuff scares me because I know what they're going to say. Does anyone know of anything like this. I mean, what good is a map if most of the streets aren't named. Oh, in case your wondering the "view" is zoomed all the way in, so I should see every street. Just like on my E500.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Almost a Member!

02 330Ci
Sorry to hear about your experience. What a painful way to be introduced to such a fantastic car. Anyway, don't let such fixable mishaps rob you of your date with this beast.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:15 AM

2004 E500
Sorry to hear about the sunroof but the dealer will take care of that! Cant help out with the nav. But the pass airbag light will come on i.e. dis activate the airbag when it dosen't detect the presence of a person in the seat. So that is working normal.