E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2003 E320 RWD Rear Suspension Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320 RWD
2003 E320 RWD Rear Suspension Problem?

2003 E320 RWD, anyone might know what the problem is, I had this noise from my back left suspension area, anytime I go over bumpy roads or a bump in general I get like a loud clunk noise, It seems to be harmless considering nothing ever went wrong from it but its a very loud obvious noise, I've changed my rear shocks and the noise is still there, any other ideas? Thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Do you get any other noises with it? Is it just a loud clunk, like something heavy falling, or is the noise more of a rubbing or creaking noise? Many times it take someone with a flashlight, a good set of eyes and a few wrenches under the car just to make sure everything is tight (if you can reach most of everything). There was an issue years ago with the lower shock bushings in the control arms, but you said you swapped the shocks so that shouldn't be the issue unless you left something loose on accident.
Double check everything that you touched is tight and then take a few minutes to look around under the car and see if you can spot any abnormal wear or potentially loose fasteners. There are too many pieces on these cars to be able to fix anything without seeing the car or problem in person.