E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Quick clarification on brake warning.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan, 2005 E500 4matic Wagon
Quick clarification on brake warning.

I have been doing a lot of reading as of late. What I do not see related to brake warnings is the following messages in succession.
1. car wakes - (in red) in clock "brake" and in cluster " reduced braking power start engine" with no ability to toggle through the menus.
2. Car start- (in red) brake in clock and in cluster "reduced braking power visit workshop" no ability to toggle and message stays.

on start up I will see, albeit briefly my "low washer fluid " warning in the standard color before it changes to the warning.

I have had multiple electrical gremlins pop up on occasion which I believe was due to low battery because of hard start in severe cold. Almost like the battery had a dying cell. Since then I have replaced the main and aux battery (2 days ago). I have extensive experience with high end cars and low battery conditions.
The main battery was 2010 and the aux 2005! The aux tested at 10.5v. Now I have a steady 12.4 on both batteries and 14.2 charge thrown when running.
I have a star C4 coming in a few days to try and pull codes from the SBC. I had two soft codes from an Indy which was steering angle (corrected) and another which had something to do with the air suspension with a note to ignore.

while I am gearing up for an SBC replacement (I have to do brakes and rotors as well) I was just curious if this is the warning before the "stop" warning I have been studying. I cannot seem to find any threads with this particular succession of warnings....or I'm just screen blind at this point.

there is no warning with the actual brake symbol as I have seen that requires the pedal switch to be replaced.

I'm semi-excited to learn star. I'm fairly fluent in the F-car System Diagnosi 2 and 3 which I am sure is much different than it' German counterpart.

thanks for any input. Off to bathe the wagon!
Dan