E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Avantgarde Elegance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-320
Avantgarde Elegance

guys could any one tell me plz what is difference between Avantgarde suspension and Elegance suspension?

MB agency tell me there is no difference , the Avantgarde suspenstion is lower than the elegance suspension (15ml)

when you drive the Avantgarde you can feel the difference it's more soft and comfort than elegance
Old 05-21-2004, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Re: Avantgarde Elegance

Originally posted by Emirati
guys could any one tell me plz what is difference between Avantgarde suspension and Elegance suspension?

MB agency tell me there is no difference , the Avantgarde suspenstion is lower than the elegance suspension (15ml)

when you drive the Avantgarde you can feel the difference it's more soft and comfort than elegance
I liked the sound of all the Avantgarde options and decided that was the vehicle for me, but I wanted a softer 'ride'. The Avantgarde is the sportier type package but I elected to go for the comfort suspension option and I must confess we are delighted with it.

Can your dealer supply an Elegance and an Avantgarde to let you form your own opinion?

One man's firm ride is anotheres man's 'bumpy ride

Good luck with choice,
John
Old 05-21-2004, 07:53 AM
jav
Almost a Member!

To my understanding, the Avantgard has a harder ride due mainly to less shock distance (sport ride).

As far as other differences, I do not think the car is lowered or anything like that in the Avantgard.

Actually I liked the Avantgard options, but I did not like the Black wood trim. Since Dealer told me that there was no option to change the wood color (it all comes in the package), I decided to go for the Elegance.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally posted by jav
Actually I liked the Avantgard options, but I did not like the Black wood trim. Since Dealer told me that there was no option to change the wood color (it all comes in the package), I decided to go for the Elegance.
Over here we could choose any of the wood trim in the Designo range.

Regards,
John
Old 05-21-2004, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
The avant is infact 15mm lower than the Elegance.. the ride is a bit tight but nothing to fuss over IMO, then again i am more into sporty driving. Another thing is to consider your terrain. HK has a lot of twisty roads and after a while of sitting in a taxi which has a very very soft suspension set up you might begin to get motion sickness.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:15 PM
hte

'94 C180
Re: Avantgarde Elegance

Originally posted by Emirati

Elegance comes standard with 'comfort suspension' whereas with avantgarde you get 'sports suspension'. It (Avantgarde susp) is basically stiffer and offers a sportier ride. The vehicle is also lower.
You may wanna consider Airmatic DC (available for both elegance and avantgarde), an air suspension which adjusts the height of the car and the stiffness of springs according to your taste.

Last edited by hte; 05-21-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:36 PM

i believe that Avantgarde is 30mm lower than Elegance, I will confirm that again.

Mike
Old 05-21-2004, 07:44 PM

E-320
thank you for replay

I have E-320 Elegance 2003 with
5-Twin Spoke Alloy Wheels
Audio 20 with CD changer
Leather Pebble
4 Zone Climate Control
Parktronic
Right front and left front seat elctrically adjustable with memory
outside mirror electrically folding
8 Airbag
Parktronkic
Undershields
MB Telephone
Fire Extinguisher & Medical kit
Bi Xenon & LED
glass sliding roof
roller blind for rear window

but there is one problem with this car I don't feel confort I feel like I drive Nissan car.

Old 05-21-2004, 08:33 PM

E320 CDI Elegance auto
The Advantgarde is a sportier harder suspension. But hard in MB terms is still comfortable.

I did not like the Advantgarde trim, esp the wood. So I went for Elegance with airmatic. Now I can have either elegance ride or advantgarde ride depending on my mood with the real nice Elegance interior.