E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What is my 05 E320 CDI worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
What is my 05 E320 CDI worth?

I had a job that required me to drive 3+ hours each way for a while and I put 50K on it pretty quickly. I have since finished that job and all my work is local and I drive my pickup everywhere (need it for my camper and boat). I love the car, but do not use it enough to justify keeping it. What is a e320 CDI diesel worth at this point? I paid up for mine because it had 37K on it when I bought it, no collision history and was the color I wanted from a MB dealer (one prior owner). I have kept it immaculately serviced with the right stuff, have receipts, no damage to body ever, etc, etc, etc. etc. I upgraded the head unit and paid big $2k for a really good one that does everything new cars do (and then some), keeping full functionality of the steering wheel buttons and the harmon kardon amplifier, I literally just put 4 new micheln mvx on it and have made all the pesky repairs these cars usually have so it would be bulletproof. It has 89K on it now, blue, not a pano roof car (did not want that (rattles)), xenon headlights, dynamic seats are the big options I can think of. So, any idea what I should list it for? It is also a rust free Charlotte, NC car, so none of the road salt.

I appreciate the input as I know you guys know these cars best. I really hate to see it go, but it is time. I always imagine myself opening this car up on the autobahn when I drive it. 80 mph is so effortless, 38-40mpg with cruise on a long trip all day, no DEF, silky smooth, quiet. Man I hope the new 6 cyl cars they're building are as good as these.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,394 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Put it on ebay with $1 starting bid and no reserve to find out exactly in 1 week.
Diesels lately seems to be on decline. I guess all those rumors about DPF and AddBlue backfired on older diesels as well.
Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
TBrasse (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Go onto Autotrader.com or cars.com and see what others are selling for. You'll probably mostly find ones with higher mileage, see what they're asking and price yours accordingly. My MIL and I both have '06 E320CDI's. Hers has about 115,000 on it and mine has about 95,000. She's had a bit more trouble with hers than I have, but nothing major. We both need new glow plugs and hers needs new motor mounts.