E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Whatcha Think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Hi,

For close to $63,105 you get both premium and Appearance package E500. All you need is add $1050 for keyless go.

If they buy your car for $25,000 and you pay additional $33,000 means over all you spend $58,000 OTD (included tax). Hmm, that mean you buy the car approximately around $53000 before tax and license. The deal is giving more than $9000 discount.

The deal is good. Make sure you request for 2.9% financing (60 months) if you are qualify for the special rates.

Some deal might give you a little more discount and make money fom "back end" interest rates....

Good luck to ya!!
Old 06-05-2004, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 White on Stone E320
Originally posted by Elite
But rusnakmb,

Did I get a good deal though ?

$62,500 - $25,000(my car) = $37,500

and I only paid $33,000

so I saved $4500 am I correct ?

I thought you work for car dealer? could you tell me if I right ?

E500 for $63,000 ? does it come with keyless go ? premium ? xenon ? or it's just base?
I priced your car out. $61,605 MSRP. Invoice of $57,943. Let's round it to $62K - $58K. That's $4k off. What you said you got. You said you paid $4500 under sticker? So you got $500 under invoice? If so, then you only got a so-so. Nothing to be ashamed of, just nothing to really brag about either.

Hope you made it back up on your trade in or the price you paid was for out the door.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:56 AM

E500
BTW, what is the tax rate in OH? CA is 8.25%
Old 06-05-2004, 04:00 AM

E500
Originally posted by codex57
I priced your car out. $61,605 MSRP. Invoice of $57,943. Let's round it to $62K - $58K. That's $4k off. What you said you got. You said you paid $4500 under sticker? So you got $500 under invoice? If so, then you only got a so-so. Nothing to be ashamed of, just nothing to really brag about either.

Hope you made it back up on your trade in or the price you paid was for out the door.
He says is included tax and for a AMG package E320. The deal does not really make sense to me, but if is true, that is a really good deal.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by rusnakmb
The deal is good. Make sure you request for 2.9% financing (60 months) if you are qualify for the special rates.
lets get the facts.... The MB 2.9% financing is for USED C, E and M class vehicles only.....
Old 06-05-2004, 10:00 AM

W211 Sport AMG Package
Hi rusnakmb,

Tax here in OH is 6.75%

Oppss.. My fault.. just looked at the sticker price again.. it wasnt even $62,000 :p

it was $61,805, hehehe...

p.s. rusnakmb, could you tell me why do you think the deal doesnt make sense? I'm just curious? when you u said you work for car dealer, was it benz dealer? if so, I'd like to hear your opinion as MB salesman.. why is that not possible to get that deal... I bought the car at Dealer name Crown Mercedes at Columbus, OH

btw.. I pay CASH :P I'm a student... dont have income

thanks

Henry

Last edited by Elite; 06-05-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
Are you guys saying an '04 with a $61,994 sticker and a $57,604 invoice should sell for $54,600?
Old 06-05-2004, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by DavidNJ
Are you guys saying an '04 with a $61,994 sticker and a $57,604 invoice should sell for $54,600?
i dont think they are saying thats what they are selling for, or thats what they should sell at. they are just talking about this one deal, i wouldnt expect someone else getting this type of deal for a while, i believe he is getting this deal because the dealer is real new, and i think he said they need cars to get out or something.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:42 PM

E500
Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
lets get the facts.... The MB 2.9% financing is for USED C, E and M class vehicles only.....
Once again. I am a little tired of dealing with you. You think you know everything? I work for MB and I know what MB is offering now. None of the dealership will tell you the "buy rate" because they are make money on interests.

I don't get my information online or from mbusa.com, I am getting the information on what MB is offer to dealership.

I will not provide anymore information on special rate nor incentive on this forum. I don't get anything but BSing from people like you who thinks he know everything. They are special rate on C, CLK, CL, S, SLK and M and the rate is very low!!

For those who want information on special interest rate please ask Mr. HELL ONA HARLY, because he knew all the special rates.

Last edited by rusnakmb; 06-05-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:50 PM

E500
Originally posted by Elite
Hi rusnakmb,

Tax here in OH is 6.75%

Oppss.. My fault.. just looked at the sticker price again.. it wasnt even $62,000 :p

it was $61,805, hehehe...

p.s. rusnakmb, could you tell me why do you think the deal doesnt make sense? I'm just curious? when you u said you work for car dealer, was it benz dealer? if so, I'd like to hear your opinion as MB salesman.. why is that not possible to get that deal... I bought the car at Dealer name Crown Mercedes at Columbus, OH

btw.. I pay CASH :P I'm a student... dont have income

thanks

Henry
Hi,

The reason I think it is hard to believe is.... I guess many of you knew the invoice of MB is around 6% plus hold back. If a deal have a discount greater than a certain rage, how can a dealership sell you a car and lose money? Certain model like C class now have $3k incentive, so dealership can offer deeper discount, but E class do not have incentive now and how can a dealership discount as much as $9,000? Or even one guy "BooBoo" mention that he is getting $13,000 of MSRP? It just not making any sense.

You guys are free to ask anyone who know about MB sales or maybe the board moderator, the deal is simply hard to believe. Of course they might be other factors involved.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i dont think if a dealer loses money on a deal is hard to believe. you guys dont tell us enough info on allocations, and everything else. if a dealer gets a car for free, they cant lose money, no matter what they sell it for..

or maybe its to expensive to sit on thier lot, and they want to get rid of it.....there are many reasons im sure why a dealer will sell a car and lose money on it...
Old 06-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Re: Whatcha Think?

Originally posted by Ducman
My local dealer is selling a brand new e 320 ,$3000 below invoice,only drawback I see is he had the car on the lot since january of this year. and other ones are nov and dec of last year,should I jump on this or wait out a bit till the 05's start to trickle in?TIA
Some basic background on auto retailing that might help you to come to your own conclusion as to why this dealer's offer is so unique: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=58720

rusnakmb
I mean no disrespect nor do I wish to question or downplay your info, reasoning, or justifications.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Originally posted by zam2000
I like it !!. Just because you're buying a Benz (or any car), doesn't mean you have to be ripped off by (greedy) dealer. Only for exotic car (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls), or very limited production cars (E55, M5, RS6) get full MSRP or even mark-up nowaday. Law of supply and demand. I don't see why people can't bargain hard for car that dealer have plenty on lot. As far as I see, the lot at Fletcher Jones is as big as any Chevy & Toyota dealer, and I'm sure they & other Benz dealers are eager to move cars on lot ASAP.

And that'll tech a hard lession to those who think you have to take whatever crap dealer throw at us.

About Mercedes employee discount, it's crap: 13% !. You can get better deal than that now aday on C, E, S, and ML models.

And YES, you can get as good deal on Benz, BMW, Lexus, or Jarguar as you have at GM or Ford dealer. The only difference is that dealer don't post those $10K off MSR on newspaper & windshield (image ???). My neighbor got his new Carrera convertible (Porsches of Newport Beach) for 10K off MSRP, it's not advertised anywhere, he just found out after he stepped into dealer.

Smart buyer get it through negotiation, &*()&*(# pay full MSRP and have that "feel good" about prestigious car command sticker price
BMW 6ers and Audi S4s were going for MSRP or over when they first came out. So don't forget to include in your list of "only these cars get MSRP+" some heavily marketed first-year releases.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Once again. I am a little tired of dealing with you.
Sorry, just trying to filter through the half baked bull****....

They are special rate on C, CLK, CL, S, SLK and M and the rate is very low!!
Wonder why you recommended to ask for the "special rate" when in your own statement it doesn't even apply for e classes????

What exactly do you do for MB??? Are you sure your not the guy who drives the soccer moms to the mall while their car is in for service for the morning???
Old 06-06-2004, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I don't want to get into this....

and I don't have time to, but I've been in, out and around the industry for nearly 30 years. I can tell you this:
1) Big city franchised car dealers aren't there to lose money. Not much, and not for long.
2) Inventory is not going to sit on the lot--there may be money lost here or there, but it's not going to be thousands of dollars at a time.
3) Incentives are not available here or there, or *****/nilly. The dealer body will raise Cain. To my knowledge, there is no trunk money on any new E class as of today. That could change tomorrow, and probably will as June goes on. And which one of you guys thinks that any dealer receives any car from MBUSA for "free"?
4) Yes, about 7.5% behind MSRP is real invoice, pre-holdback. A $13000 discount on a new E class of any description? I would also be quite skeptical. Perhaps the dealer has a "BS" additional window sticker?

I agree that most big city car dealers have no one to blame but themselves for the smoke/mirror routine. Do your homework, buy what you like from a reputable store, and if the deal seems too good to be true, I assure you it is.
Use your head.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:32 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Was there a trade in involved? If so that could explain the otherwise new math.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:11 PM

E500
HELL ONA HARLY,

If you disagree with my statement, that is fine. Just go away.

There are different rates MB offering for different models. For E Class, you ask for 2.9% up to 60 months. If you were "carefully" read the posts I had before, you probably will "understand" more. The best rate is 0.9% but it is for C and other models. Since we are tlaking about E Class here, so I just indicate the rates for E class and did not specificly list out other models. There are different rates of every model and I am not gonna list them all!!

I guess you have no idea on any of these special rates. All you can do here is disagree and disagree on something you have no idea about. It is not wrong to disagree with others, but at least you must "know" before you disagree.

This is a forums people looking into getting informations. I provide informations here base on what I know. Please do not abuse the preveledge of posting your negative opinions. I don't want to getting into any arguement with you. All I ask is get a life and stay away from my post. Stop acting like a childish HELL ONA HARLY.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Hi Hell ona Harley,
Did you see the GP motorbike racing this weekend?
Not a Harley in sight, but what racing!!

Remember, sticks and stones etc.

Take care,
John
Sunny Torquay
Old 06-07-2004, 04:54 PM

only amg
WHATCHA THINK

AFTER READING EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD, I CAN ONLY COME TO ONE CONCLUSION AS TO HOW THIS GUY IS GETTING SUCH A GREAT DEAL ON THIS CAR, IT IS CALLED (ALT) SERVICE, A PROGRAM ONLY MERCEDES BENZ PEOPLE WILL KNOW ABOUT, AND WHAT IT ALLOWS A DEALER TO DO IS PUT THAT CAR IN (ALT) SERVICE FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 MOS, CASH OUT OF THE CAR SO TO SAY, AND GET ABOUT A 7000 CREDIT FROM BENZ, GIVE ME THE LAST 7 DIGITS OF THE VIN AND I WILL TELL YOU IF THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CARS, ONLY DRAWBACK BEING WARRANTY CLOCK STARTED TICKING WHEN CAR WAS PUT IN ALT SERVICE. AS FAR AS SPECIAL RATES ON NEW BENZES THERE ARE GREAT RATES ON CERTAIN CARS CURRENTLY, NEW ONES NOT USED, ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT THE ML BRIDGE LEASE FOR 15 MOS, IT IS A GREAT DEAL, ALSO RATES ON LEASES ARE AT RECORD LOWS FOR BENZ, JUST NEED A SALESPERSON WILLING TO WORK THE SYSTEM FOR YOU.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by glojo
Hi Hell ona Harley,
Did you see the GP motorbike racing this weekend?
Not a Harley in sight, but what racing!!

Remember, sticks and stones etc.

Take care,
John
Sunny Torquay
\

No, I missed them john....
I was to busy tearing up the roads here on my side of the globe on the hog.... Absolutly beautiful riding weather here right now...
Old 06-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
tntmcj

Thanks for the pm - excellent heads up!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
did they delete some pics, they meaning mods?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:01 AM

C240
I would be skeptical of anyone's deal - people brag all the time about the great deal they got but neglect to tell you that it was a demo or buy back or that they traded in a vehicle...that being said if the OP got a great deal good for him.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoken like a true SALESMAN... Sounds like you're dumping out the to me.

Hi,

I work for dealership and I know approximately what other dealership is selling the E class at. 04 production cut down early compare with other years. The production usually cut in June to July. But E class has been cut down since April. MB is not making anymore 04 E classes. There are only few still on the water now.

That means the dealership will not have more new E class arrive and the inventory will need to hold for approx 2 months from now. The demand is still the same but E class will run out. Simple economic, when supply goes down means demand will go up.

I am not saying that he is lying, but you will not buy an E class now for $3000 below invoice. It is just no way. It is possible to get $3000 below invoice don't get me wrong. But certainly not at this moment. That usually happen at end of year when inventory are running high and dealership getting rid of old car before new ones arrive. Or when each dealership still have lots cars in stock need to sales them soon for next year's allocations.

Remember 04 producion cut off early and each dealership do not have excess cars in inventory. Perhap I am worry that I don't have enough car to sales before new cars arrive. Do you think dealership will "dump" the car now??

I just sold a 04 E500 with AMG sport package at MSRP. No kidding. We are the only few dealerships have the car in Sol Cal. The largest MB dealership Fletcher Jones don't even have one. maybe they'll get ONE soon.

If you are planning to buy an 04 E Class that you better act now. You will not get the same deal as 03 for cheap. The car is running low soon. 05 E class does not included maintance commidment. That mean you'll spend maybe $600 to $1000 on service.
The premium package price jump high for another factor...
Old 06-11-2004, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Hi,

... The premium package price jump high for another factor...
rusnakmb

Out of interest, can you provide further detail on this?

thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whatcha Think?