E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Whatcha Think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black/Black E : Pewter/Black G Wagen
Whatcha Think?

My local dealer is selling a brand new e 320 ,$3000 below invoice,only drawback I see is he had the car on the lot since january of this year. and other ones are nov and dec of last year,should I jump on this or wait out a bit till the 05's start to trickle in?

TIA
Old 06-02-2004, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
wait, your dealer is offering the car that has been on the lot for 6 months? is it a demop car which has a lot of miles. i would say go for it, i dont think 5-6 is that much if it hasnt been driven as a demo. 3000 under invoice is a great deal. GL
Old 06-02-2004, 06:33 PM

I would take it in a second if it is equipped the way you want it. Keep in mind that the '05's are losing options. I received $2,000 off sticker for my '04 car that comes in this week to give you an idea of how good of a deal you have...
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by bmms8
wait, your dealer is offering the car that has been on the lot for 6 months? is it a demop car which has a lot of miles. i would say go for it, i dont think 5-6 is that much if it hasnt been driven as a demo. 3000 under invoice is a great deal. GL
No,It's not a demo car and they actually had at least 20 e 320s and half of them still has the old msrp $47,***. and new ones with the new pricing of $48,****.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:16 AM

E500
Re: Whatcha Think?

Originally posted by Ducman
My local dealer is selling a brand new e 320 ,$3000 below invoice,only drawback I see is he had the car on the lot since january of this year. and other ones are nov and dec of last year,should I jump on this or wait out a bit till the 05's start to trickle in?

TIA
$3000 below the invoice? What are you waiting for? Please tell us which dealership will do $3000 below invoice.

I don't think any dealership here in So Cal will do that deal regardless of old price or new price. Dude, you are talking about $3000 below invoice and what does that has to do with the price?
All you pay is $3000 below invoice!!!

I just felt funny about this. There are only so many for E Classes on water now and The 05' will not be coming for another 2 months. The E Class eventually will be short soon within 2 to 3 weeks. $3000 below invocie on brand new E Class? HAHAHA
Old 06-03-2004, 01:46 PM

Why do you think it's funny???
Is it probably that this dealer is new and don't get much traffic like other dealers hence,the reason they have 6 to 8 month old cars sitting on their lot. I don't know how netstar works,but can't you check their inventory and how long they have them sitting on their lot.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
so how much does that end up being?? how much are you paying?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:09 PM

E500
Why do you think it's funny???
Is it probably that this dealer is new and don't get much traffic like other dealers hence,the reason they have 6 to 8 month old cars sitting on their lot. I don't know how netstar works,but can't you check their inventory and how long they have them sitting on their lot.
Why do I think it's funny? Tell ya why, the older inventory has less cost which dealership will be happy to own them since lower the cost and easier to do the deal. Most of the old price E Class is almost gonner unless few 'special" color vehicles.

You saying that you can get $3000 below invoice. I asked you which dealership and you can't answer. What is that telling us? There is no point to post something just to keep attention. And there are no new dealership in So Cal. And there is NO WAY that you can get $3000 below invoice now.

Well, tell us which dealership and salesman's name and I'll believe you.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by rusnakmb
Why do I think it's funny? Tell ya why, the older inventory has less cost which dealership will be happy to own them since lower the cost and easier to do the deal. Most of the old price E Class is almost gonner unless few 'special" color vehicles.

Excuse me,correct me if I'm wrong,Don't dealer accumulate more interest for having this inventory sitting on their lot.Hence,prolly the reason they're dealing?and to top it off "dealer floor assistance" does it sound familiar.

You saying that you can get $3000 below invoice. I asked you which dealership and you can't answer. What is that telling us? There is no point to post something just to keep attention. And there are no new dealership in So Cal. And there is NO WAY that you can get $3000 below invoice now.
I not here 24/7,so if you expect me to reply to u asap,not gonna happen.I posted here not to get attention,I was merely asking if this is going to be good deal and if I should grab the oppurtunity.
I didn't end up buying this because it didn't have the options I wanted.

Well, tell us which dealership and salesman's name and I'll believe you.
The dealer is MB of Long Beach and contact the Fleet manager for yourself,DT is his initials,so if your smart enough you can figure it out.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 PM

E500
Hi,

If he will sell it for $3000 below, buy it. It will be a great deal you got.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
why did you think he was lying? a lot of dealers will sell cars for that much under invoice, i just bought a car for almost that much under invoice, and it wasnt even close to the price as a e320. maybe they allocated cars...

GL with your new purchase, are you gettting any options ducman?
Old 06-04-2004, 02:30 AM

E500
Hi,

I work for dealership and I know approximately what other dealership is selling the E class at. 04 production cut down early compare with other years. The production usually cut in June to July. But E class has been cut down since April. MB is not making anymore 04 E classes. There are only few still on the water now.

That means the dealership will not have more new E class arrive and the inventory will need to hold for approx 2 months from now. The demand is still the same but E class will run out. Simple economic, when supply goes down means demand will go up.

I am not saying that he is lying, but you will not buy an E class now for $3000 below invoice. It is just no way. It is possible to get $3000 below invoice don't get me wrong. But certainly not at this moment. That usually happen at end of year when inventory are running high and dealership getting rid of old car before new ones arrive. Or when each dealership still have lots cars in stock need to sales them soon for next year's allocations.

Remember 04 producion cut off early and each dealership do not have excess cars in inventory. Perhap I am worry that I don't have enough car to sales before new cars arrive. Do you think dealership will "dump" the car now??

I just sold a 04 E500 with AMG sport package at MSRP. No kidding. We are the only few dealerships have the car in Sol Cal. The largest MB dealership Fletcher Jones don't even have one. maybe they'll get ONE soon.

If you are planning to buy an 04 E Class that you better act now. You will not get the same deal as 03 for cheap. The car is running low soon. 05 E class does not included maintance commidment. That mean you'll spend maybe $600 to $1000 on service.
The premium package price jump high for another factor...
Old 06-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Banned

Hi,

I just sold a 04 E500 with AMG sport package at MSRP. No kidding. We are the only few dealerships have the car in Sol Cal. The largest MB dealership Fletcher Jones don't even have one. maybe they'll get ONE soon.
In as much as I would hate to rain on your parade, but...

First, there are 3 units of the 2004 AMG Sport Package E500's that were delivered to our local dealership...

Secondly, I just acquired my 2004 (April production) E500 AMG Sports Package, equipped as follows:

1) Active/Dynamic Headlights
2) Active Ventilated Seats
3) Panoramic Roof
4) Entertainment Package
5) Rear Shade, + Sides
6) Wood Steering Wheel

plus a whole bunch more smaller options that I can't remember at the moment... MSRP sticker is $72,500 something.

I paid $65,040 out-the-door. I took delivery last Monday, June 1, 2004 and I can post a copy of the purchase order and the factory sticker indicating these numbers if you like.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:37 AM

E500
$65,040 OTD. Out of which door??

That mean you are actually buy the car for $59,xxx. It also mean you got something like $13000 off sticker.

Are you the GM of the dealership? You are talking about 18% discount!!! Even MB employee discount does not come up with that percentage.

Did you recently have a "buy back" from MB? Tell me the name of dealership, I am going down there to buy one ASAP.

Oh well, for those who buy an MB before or who ever work for MB. You know the truth.....
Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4

That mean you are actually buy the car for $59,xxx. It also mean you got something like $13000 off sticker.

Are you the GM of the dealership? You are talking about 18% discount!!! Even MB employee discount does not come up with that percentage.

Did you recently have a "buy back" from MB? Tell me the name of dealership, I am going down there to buy one ASAP.

Oh well, for those who buy an MB before or who ever work for MB. You know the truth.....
OK, so what everyone else says is a lie and everything you say is right (like what u said about active headlights and removing 600 electronic features from the e-class)?? Is that what I'm getting from your posts?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Re: Whatcha Think?

I bought mine for close to $3K bellow invoice, and I got to choose any car that's in the lot !!!, oh btw, it's a big lot too , since they're the largest Mercedes dealer in the world (Fletcher Jones).

If you're interested, pls let me know. I can hook you up w/ the saleman. My friend & I bought two cars from him in the last two months (E320 & S430), and it's all best deal we could find.

THERE"S NOTHING WRONG WITH GETTING A GOOD DEAL. Congrat on your new car

TIA

Last edited by zam2000; 06-04-2004 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Banned

I guess you are calling everyone a liar in this board. You cannot solicit business here with that attitude.

I was giving you facts because you posted misleading information.

I am not the GM of the dealership, and I do not know how you can get a buyback if it was a specific order that I had to wait almost 10 weeks for, from the time the order was placed.

But before I waste time to post the numbers (scanned PO and MSRP) on my 2004 E500 Sport, are you willing to bet your personal car's pink slip/vehicle title? I can have my attorneys draft us a legal agreement, which legally states that if I am correct and you lose, I keep and own your vehicle.

Fair deal? I am not willing to bring myself to your level if you're not willing to take a serious risk.

The problem now is that you're affecting the entire RUSNAK dealership's reputation and wait until your managers see or hear what you're doing.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
I like it !!. Just because you're buying a Benz (or any car), doesn't mean you have to be ripped off by (greedy) dealer. Only for exotic car (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls), or very limited production cars (E55, M5, RS6) get full MSRP or even mark-up nowaday. Law of supply and demand. I don't see why people can't bargain hard for car that dealer have plenty on lot. As far as I see, the lot at Fletcher Jones is as big as any Chevy & Toyota dealer, and I'm sure they & other Benz dealers are eager to move cars on lot ASAP.

And that'll tech a hard lession to those who think you have to take whatever crap dealer throw at us.

About Mercedes employee discount, it's crap: 13% !. You can get better deal than that now aday on C, E, S, and ML models.

And YES, you can get as good deal on Benz, BMW, Lexus, or Jarguar as you have at GM or Ford dealer. The only difference is that dealer don't post those $10K off MSR on newspaper & windshield (image ???). My neighbor got his new Carrera convertible (Porsches of Newport Beach) for 10K off MSRP, it's not advertised anywhere, he just found out after he stepped into dealer.

Smart buyer get it through negotiation, &*()&*(# pay full MSRP and have that "feel good" about prestigious car command sticker price

Originally posted by BooBoo
I guess you are calling everyone a liar in this board. You cannot solicit business here with that attitude.

I was giving you facts because you posted misleading information.

I am not the GM of the dealership, and I do not know how you can get a buyback if it was a specific order that I had to wait almost 10 weeks for, from the time the order was placed.

But before I waste time to post the numbers (scanned PO and MSRP) on my 2004 E500 Sport, are you willing to bet your personal car's pink slip/vehicle title? I can have my attorneys draft us a legal agreement, which legally states that if I am correct and you lose, I keep and own your vehicle.

Fair deal? I am not willing to bring myself to your level if you're not willing to take a serious risk.

Last edited by zam2000; 06-04-2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM

E500
Oh well,

I guess people like to heard about good news.... i don't call people liar, but it is just ... never mind. Good luck to you all in new car purchase.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)

Whhooaaa
Life is too short to have disagreements, just tell me off for being off topic

After Quasimodo's death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent
word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed.

The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went
up into the belfry to begin the screening process.

After observing several applicants demonstrate their skill, he had decided
to call it a day.

Just then, an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to
apply for the bell ringer's job.

The bishop was incredulous. "You have no arms!"

"No matter," said the man. "Observe!"

And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody
on the carillon. The bishop listened in astonishment; convinced he had
finally found a replacement for Quasimodo.

But suddenly, rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless man tripped and
plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below.

The stunned bishop rushed to his side. When he reached the street, a crowd
had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they
had heard only moments before.

As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked,
"Bishop, who was this man?"
"I don't know his name," the bishop sadly replied,

> > >(scroll down)
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >"BUT HIS FACE RINGS A BELL"....
> > > >
> > > >WAIT! WAIT! There's more.............
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due
to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the bishop continued
his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame.

The first man to approach him said, "Your Excellency, I am the brother of
the poor armless wretch that fell to his death from this very belfry
yesterday. I pray that you honour his life by allowing me to replace him in
this duty."

The bishop agreed to give the man an audition, and, as the armless man's
brother stooped to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned,
clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died on the spot.

Two monks, hearing the bishop's cries of grief of this second tragedy,
rushed up the stairs to his side.

"What has happened? Who is the man?" the first monk asked breathlessly.

"I don't know his name,"sighed the distraught bishop, but............."
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >(.....Wait for it.......)
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >(.......It's worth it.......)
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >" ....HE'S A DEAD RINGER FOR HIS BROTHER."

Best wishes to you all

John
Sunny Torquay
Old 06-04-2004, 05:46 PM

E220CDI avantagarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather
A Good Joke mate.....just then felt i was in a Pub....nice one.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:47 PM

E220CDI avantagarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather
Goes to show that dealers will always fob you off. When u show them a good deal they tell you its too good and that they will buy the car themselves..heard that so many times....its a trick phrase to get you to ignore the deal.

Last edited by adam2; 06-04-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:57 AM

W211 Sport AMG Package
I'm sorry but I have to say that I'm 100% agreed with BooBoo

Trade in my

02 W203 C320
NaV Systems
Heated Seats
Rain Sensor
Xenon
Kelly Blue Book around $25,000
(car condition: I wrecked it twice.. insurance paid fix cost for almost $20,000)

for

04 W211 E320
AMG Sport Package
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Keyless Go
Sticker Price arount $62,500

and paid for $33,000 (tax Included)
(what do you guys think? good deal ? so so? being ripped off!!!?) :p

the car is in delivery now

should get it in 2-3 days

Last edited by Elite; 06-05-2004 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:01 AM

E500
I will go with E500 for MSRP of $62000. The AMG package looks good, but E500's engine is way better than just looks.

BUT...

I have seem people buying E500 AMG package price around $73000 and I ask why don't they just go with regular E55 for $83000?? Just $10K more.... in 60 months payment only around $180 more per month since MB is offering 2.9% finance. And some model at 0.9%
Old 06-05-2004, 03:16 AM

W211 Sport AMG Package
But rusnakmb,

Did I get a good deal though ?

$62,500 - $25,000(my car) = $37,500

and I only paid $33,000

so I saved $4500 am I correct ?

I thought you work for car dealer? could you tell me if I right ?

E500 for $63,000 ? does it come with keyless go ? premium ? xenon ? or it's just base?

Last edited by Elite; 06-05-2004 at 03:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whatcha Think?