E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SBC activation problem! (Codes: C26DE & C26EC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz E500 (W211)
Question SBC activation problem! (Codes: C26DE & C26EC)

Hello Everybody,

I just replaced the Pressure Reservoir on the SBC brake unit in my car, and the system activated perfectly after replacement. However I then deactivated the SBC unit to bleed/flush the brake fluid (I know I was doing it completely wrong). So I attempted to start flushing the brake fluid (with no pressure tools - just by opening the nipple and letting it flow out) but I accidently lost control and let out a lot of brake fluid (about a 2 cups). I was worried so I tried to activate the system and it wouldn’t activate! I continued to add brake fluid to the car and let a bleed the brakes from the rest of the nipples (this time with a handheld brake bleeder that just sucked it out of the nipple). I tried to activate it again, and it still won’t activate! When I try to activate the system the screen on the diagnostic tool (Roadi EP21) just keeps loading and the SBC pump continues to hum, I don’t think it is building up pressure but it is definitely running or trying to do something.

Another thing I should mention is - while I was trying to activate the SBC unit the battery died, so I had the main battery replaced.

Anyway, I essentially just can’t activate the SBC unit and I am getting the error codes: "C26EC - Service Fault: System 'SBC' deactivated" and "C26DE - Hydraulics Fault: Malfunction in pressure supply". I think the problem lies in the code “C26DE” – does anyone knows what that exactly means or how to fix it?

Right now my car is stuck in my garage; so any help, advice, or insight would be greatly appreciated!Let me know if you need any more information or have any questions.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 08-04-2018, 07:56 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
My take on this is that you have way too much air in the system. At this point the ONLY way you are going to get the air out is with a MB (STAR) system to do a proper flush. Hopefully someone else will offer a better way of doing this.
Mike T.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz E500 (W211)
Thanks for the response Mike! I ended making a pressure bleeder that I attached to the top of the brake fluid reservoir (so I could just push the fluid and air through the entire system. I only bleed it a little bit, but I decided to try to activate the SBC pump while it was under the positive pressure from the bleeder tool. And it worked!

I am still getting the dash warning that says: “BRAKE – Service break Visit Workshop!” So I think I just need to clear the codes or something. However, I did get a new dash warning that says “ESP – not available! See operator’s manual”. So I just have to figure out why that new warning popped up. But at least now I can drive the car! Haha So I’m feeling good about that!
Old 03-31-2019, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E200 2002 kompressor
i experienced this error. i ended up replacing the brushes. when i activated, lines have air. i use home made bleeder and mbII tool(activate/deactive sbc). No errors now :-)