E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2004 e500 wagon AIRMATIC ISSUE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2018 | 03:30 PM

2004 e500 4matic wagon
2004 e500 wagon AIRMATIC ISSUE

What's up guys. So recently my rear right bag went out so I bought a brand new arnott a2724 and installed it.. problem is that now my car won't raise. Before the bag went out everything worked perfect. I even had a minor leak in my front left air spring/strut about 2 months ago but when I changed that one out it aired up right away. So I am a bit confused a worried on why the right rear won't raise now with the new air spring. Any help would be appreciated. I read something about a Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool or something but I'm not sure. Hopefully somebody can help me asap as this is my daily vehicle.
Old 10-17-2018 | 05:41 PM

2005 E500 Wagon
Did you replace both rear air bags? I know that since it's a completely different type of unit, you have to replace them both for them to work properly. This is the note they have on their site: NOTE: If replacing an OE unit with a Arnott Air Spring A-2726, you MUST replace both rear air springs at the same time.
Old 10-17-2018 | 06:07 PM

2004 e500 4matic wagon
Originally Posted by NCTRNL
Did you replace both rear air bags? I know that since it's a completely different type of unit, you have to replace them both for them to work properly. This is the note they have on their site: NOTE: If replacing an OE unit with a Arnott Air Spring A-2726, you MUST replace both rear air springs at the same time.

No I only replaced the one. I called up Arnott and asked if I only replace one if I would be okay. They confirmed that it would be fine they just recommend you replace them in pairs so the ride is even. I called them earlier today and they said sometimes when changing the rear air springs that the automatic sustem goes into default mode along with a solenoid inside the air spring that requires to be reset via the Mercedes STAR or similar computer. I'm having the car brought to a shop right now for that service along with a diagnostic if that doesn't solve the issue. I really hope that it's just a reset. I read on here with similar issue as mine and that fixed their problem. Fingers crossed.