E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mercedes E-320 Harsh Gear Shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Mercedes E320 , 1982 Mercedes 300 SD, 2005 Suzuki Forenza
Question Mercedes E-320 Harsh Gear Shift

My 2008 Mercedes Benz E320 Bluetec with 97K miles is giving me a NOT happy harsh down gear shift and also up gear shift specially when reducing speed just before stop in a traffic light and just after taking off from traffic light.
This harsh gear shift makes no noise but cause the car to jump back and forward when it happens. The engine light came on just before it started to be noticed. Also from time to time the engine's RPM does not increase when the accelerator is pressed down as it was before.
About engine RPM this week I had time when it responded to the accelerator and in the same week times when it did not responded to the accelerator.
I have the car not yet scanned for the engine light due the work schedule but I will have it done today, Friday 10/19/18.
Driving to and from work, a trip of 27 miles each way in a highway, I have no problem with speed or gear shifting. All run normal, no noise, nothing noticeable except engine RPM when, in purpose, I press hard the accelerator.
About gear shift I have read couple cases on the Internet but did not find anything about Diesel engines. All of them are about Gasoline engines which, I believe, have different transmission. If I am no wrong this car has a 6 speed automatic transmission.
I will be glad having your input and suggestion about this issue.
I will also update this thread after having the car scanned.
UPDATE: Autozone scanner gave me two codes: P-0471 and P2015
P0471: Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
P2015: Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1
Also, if it helps, the last job performed on this car was a fuel filter replacement in which a removal of the air intake ducts are necessary.
Does it have something related with the issues on this car?

Last edited by nyko46; 10-21-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
722.9, 7-speed - http://www.mercedesmedic.com/722-9-7...ems-solutions/ Solenoids may need to be cleaned together with re-adaptation, and confirm software is current.