E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 E350 Pzev warranty denied

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 sport
2008 E350 Pzev warranty denied

My car is just under the 150,000 mark and I've owned since new. It recently stumbled on start up and the next day not at all. I checked the codes and found P2004, P2006 and P0015. After researching I was confident this was an intake manifold issue and would be covered under the Pzev warranty. The dealer told me the crankshaft positions sensor was the reason for not running and this was not covered by warranty. I showed them the pzev warranty and 1-2 hours later I was notified it would be covered. This was not effective in starting my car. I was then told it's not getting fuel and the entire tank would be replaced as the pump and tank are one. This is being covered. I'm assured it will start now. Finally getting to the two active intake manifold codes. They told me the failed component, resonance flap is broken. They said this specific component is not covered. However, the fix per the manufacturer is to replace the intake manifold which is clearly listed on the pzev warranty. They said the field representative said not covered and I don't have a warranty. So....how is it my warranty can be denied for a certain component of the intake manifold which has broken and the only recommended repair by the manufacturer is to replace the intake manifold which is covered. Am I missing something here? Does it matter which part of the intake manifold has failed to determined whether its replacement is covered?

Any help or experiences would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by PaulHastings
So....how is it my warranty can be denied for a certain component of the intake manifold which has broken and the only recommended repair by the manufacturer is to replace the intake manifold which is covered.
EPC shows MB offers only complete manifold, check your PM.

Last edited by konigstiger; 10-24-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E350
Denied in Texas

was told by the dealership here in Texas that it would be covered if it was the sending unit, but it is the sending unit because I could never put more 3/4 tank of before I smelled fuel. I'm in the warranty window but as I'm told by some, it would be the dealership's decision only. MBUSA was of no help and I have my emissions Data that shows its covered. No more Mercedes for me, they discriminate their warranties. No, not on a racial basis, but of a monetary one; if it's too costly a repair they're not going to covered what's been printed in black and white. $5200 is in the ballpark of not happening, shame it's such a beautiful piece of machinery

Old 12-14-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 V167
Originally Posted by Robert055
was told by the dealership here in Texas that it would be covered if it was the sending unit, but it is the sending unit because I could never put more 3/4 tank of before I smelled fuel. I'm in the warranty window but as I'm told by some, it would be the dealership's decision only. MBUSA was of no help and I have my emissions Data that shows its covered. No more Mercedes for me, they discriminate their warranties. No, not on a racial basis, but of a monetary one; if it's too costly a repair they're not going to covered what's been printed in black and white. $5200 is in the ballpark of not happening, shame it's such a beautiful piece of machinery
Those are some awesome looking wheels! Beautiful car...
Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 PM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by KrustyKustom
Those are some awesome looking wheels! Beautiful car...
thanks Krusty, I just read an owner's manual referencing their pledge to service warranty free of charge. I'll call the warranty division Monday. Wish me luck,
Old 12-15-2018, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Have you pulled the rear seat to see if you have fuel on top of the sending units?

Maybe try using a different dealer? Check the threads on here, most people have zero issues with getting their tanks replaced. I had the tank on my 2007 E63 replaced without any issues since I had a bit of fuel pooling. This was also a month after I bought it used from the same dealership.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:50 PM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by Strigoi
Have you pulled the rear seat to see if you have fuel on top of the sending units?

Maybe try using a different dealer? Check the threads on here, most people have zero issues with getting their tanks replaced. I had the tank on my 2007 E63 replaced without any issues since I had a bit of fuel pooling. This was also a month after I bought it used from the same dealership.
Yes, it is on top. And I'm trying to avoid the tow bills from one to the next. But if a chance of having some luck there I'll give it a try.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
I have my emissions Data that shows its covered.
Texas PZEV (code 917) tank coverage 2 years/24,000 miles, non PZEV extended warranty see attachment.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
47.10_63c.pdf (765.4 KB, 94 views)