E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Climate Control Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz E550
Climate Control Question

I have a 2007 E550 with the 4-zone climate control. 99.9% of the time it is just me in the car. Is there anyway to turn off the rear climate control? I havent been able to figure that out. I tried pressing the "rear" button, used to adjust the rear temp from the front controls, then pressing the "off" button, once in rear mode, but it turns the entire system off, front and rear. Is it mandatory that the rear climate control be on if the front is on or is there a way to turn it off I am missing?? Seems like a waste and making the system do more work than it needs to when its just me in the car.

Also have a question about the heated seats. It "automatically" goes from the highest setting, to the middle, to the low, then to off, over time while driving. Is there a way to make it stay on what level I put it on and not have it "tone it down" by itself?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
the e class, which is most popular here, just has a vent duct you close for the rear.

our e350s also have a 3 way rocker switch for the seat heat.

I know, not much help

Any info on these 2 systems in the manual? Have you read corresponding sections?
Old 11-28-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz E550
Originally Posted by e350forme
the e class, which is most popular here, just has a vent duct you close for the rear.

our e350s also have a 3 way rocker switch for the seat heat.

I know, not much help

Any info on these 2 systems in the manual? Have you read corresponding sections?
Yes I am referring to a 2007 mb e550 e-class. I can close all the vents in the rear, but the system is still on and blowing air through to the back, and just hitting the closed vents then. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are 2 systems such that the front can be running, and the rear can be not running, or if it is 1 system in which it is either all on or all off. I have read the manual and not seen an answer to this question.

I know the heated seats have a 3 level rocker switch. What I am saying is that, When i turn it on to the highest level with that switch (3 red bars illuminated), that the seat heater, without me pressing the switch, switches itself from 3 bars, to 2 bars, to 1 bars, to off, over a period of time, automatically. I was curious if there was a way to keep it on the level I put it, without the gradual, automatic shutoff.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
I am unsure about the first part to be honest. It does seem the plumbing on my car also automatically feeds the rear, its all underneath the seats with plastic ducts. everything is connected. same blower motor.

On the e350, the rocker switch never lowers itself. It sounds like yours has an automatic thermostat feature. Maybe someone who has an e550 can confirm whether their heat goes down in steps like you explain. can help you answer whether or not normal.