Multiple malfunctions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 PM
M D

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e320 CDI
Multiple malfunctions

Guys, my 06 CDI was happily going down the road when it simply stopped responding to the throttle pedal. Cranks fine and idles but when you press the pedal, nothing. Got lots of failures such as ESP & ABS. CEL came on. Ran my scanner on it and have lots of codes. On the ECM I have a 1611-2 which seems to be related to low voltage on the ECM from what I read. I have been resetting all the codes to see what stays and what goes but so far the CEL is still on and the throttle won't work although it cranks fine. It was dark and I was on the side of the road so I had it towed home for the night and plan to jump on it in the morning. There are lots of codes on all kinds of things like Canbus codes but I was trying to focus on what the root cause might be. I haven't checked for any blown fuses yet. If anyone has any wisdom I would love to hear it.
Mark

Last edited by M D; 12-18-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:17 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by M D
Guys, my 06 CDI was happily going down the road when it simply stopped responding to the throttle pedal. Cranks fine and idles but when you press the pedal, nothing. Got lots of failures such as ESP & ABS. CEL came on. Ran my scanner on it and have lots of codes. On the ECM I have a 1611-2 which seems to be related to low voltage on the ECM from what I read. I have been resetting all the codes to see what stays and what goes but so far the CEL is still on and the throttle won't work although it cranks fine. It was dark and I was on the side of the road so I had it towed home for the night and plan to jump on it in the morning. There are lots of codes on all kinds of things like Canbus codes but I was trying to focus on what the root cause might be. I haven't checked for any blown fuses yet. If anyone has any wisdom I would love to hear it.
Mark
what is the battery voltage? Did you read it from the dash disolay?
Old 12-25-2018, 06:39 AM
M D

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e320 CDI
All, I wanted to share that I fixed the issue with my car not having any response when pressing the pedal. The problem was the pedal. The sensors on the pedal were bad. There are 2 sensors on the pedal; One sensor applies 0 to 5 volts to the ECU as the pedal is pressed and the other goes from 5 to 0 volts (opposite the first sensor) at the same time. It does this to ensure the signal coming from the pedal is real. I purchased a used pedal off ebay for $45 and it took 10 minutes to change. The two codes I was getting (1611 on the ECU and 5314 on the ESP module) were both indicating the pedal was the issue. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Merry Christmas to all,
Mark
Old 12-25-2018, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Thanks for the follow-up!