E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E270 Cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E320S4
E270 Cdi

Apparently, we all got news last month of MB's decision to import the 270 CDI this fall. So, I've seen all the info on the 320 and 500, does anyone have info on the diesel? It was my understanding from the articles and news releases that the diesel would be available right away? But no color/option matrix has appeared? I've got a 99 300TD i wasn't going to sell, but if i can get the new 270, it's a go. Any advice appreciated...
Old 04-23-2002, 05:10 PM

E class, S class, Toyota Supra twin turbo, Mazda Miata, Toyota Land Cruiser
Go to the Mercedes Benz official site or MBSPY.com and get all the info you need on this upcoming diesel. I am not sure if it would be such a great idea to replace your '99 E300TD with this car unless you are leasing. I have the same car and I would only replace it if Merc were bringing in the more powerful diesels to the States, which I understand they might to if this car is well received. I am personally very amazed at the performance and economy of the E300TD. This thing is a keeper and will last for a very long time indeed.
Good luck.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:07 AM

2002 E320S4
Thanks shafee,

What I'm interested in is the torque of the new CDI's, which sounds incredible...also, i bought my 300TD after they had stopped production, and so i got one with very few options. The appeal of the new technology and bodystyle are high, and I had thought of going with the gas, but from what I gather, the 270 is more powerful with better fuel economy than the 300TD. I don't understand the reversal of positions at MB; to me, it would seem obvious to them that a clean-burning diesel with their reputation behind it would sell well. I know I'd replace my '02 ML320 with the ML400CDI if i could get my hands on one. Now, to my other question, I still wonder if there is further evidence that the 270CDI will be available in September with the other cars...my dealer is playing coy, which I've learned to deal with, but it's frustrating not knowing