E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless go not registering my brake peddle.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 09:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS
Keyless go not registering my brake peddle.

My 2009 e350 has been acting odd the past few days in NJ with the cold weather here. My ESP visit workshop message has appeared two days in a row. From my understanding it could be the brake switch which I'm not sure even a brake switch really does lol.

In any event now my keyless go is not working correctly. When I press brake and press start button the car is only going into accessory mode. It's like the cars not recognizing my foot on brake. Eventually after trying to push brake harder the car starts.

Could this be related to the brake switch thing?

Keyless go not registering my brake peddle.-photo647.jpg
Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Could very well be the brake switch. They're fairly inexpensive and only take a few minutes to swap. Buy one from the dealer though, don't go with a cheap aftermarket one.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
The starter will not engage until the brake switch is activated, so it is probably the switch. On a previous MB I had a similar problem, when the car sat for a couple of days the vacuum that assists the brake system lost vacuum and the peedle was harder to press so no starter until I really pressed hard. If that's the case you should find the leak and/or adjust the brake switch so it activated. If the dash lights up it's not the keyless go.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
The starter will not engage until the brake switch is activated, so it is probably the switch. On a previous MB I had a similar problem, when the car sat for a couple of days the vacuum that assists the brake system lost vacuum and the peedle was harder to press so no starter until I really pressed hard. If that's the case you should find the leak and/or adjust the brake switch so it activated. If the dash lights up it's not the keyless go.
I'm also getting a cruise control malfunction. Now I'm thinking steering angle sensor...

I've been driving the car for about 4 days straight and it just started. The malfunction goes away when car is restated but after it's warmed up it comes back. I'm thinking of switching switch to see if that helps
Old 01-23-2019, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Could be the brake light switch. Like others said, it's an easy swap. Only other way to tell is to get the car scanned and it'll tell you if it's the steering angle sensor or something else. When I got the same type of error, the cruise control would also stop working. Mine turned out to be the steering angle sensor though and I had a scanner that told me it was a bad steering angle sensor.