Tell me, did I made a mistake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 330Ci
Tell me, did I make a mistake?

In other to get the AMG sports package for my e500, I finally compromised the sports appearance since MB insists I can only order either of the two sports options. I'm still hurting that I will miss out on the dark wood. As for the 5 rib grill ($300) and rear LED $250 a piece), I plan to retrofit when the car gets here. Bad news is that my dealer said that they may not be able to retrofit the LED because of the wiring. How true? Anybody ever retrofitted the LED?

Isn't it really sad that at $70,000 plus, MB cannot throw in some chicken change options? Or, at the very least bundle the appeanrance pkg into the AMG, this is frustrating.

Last edited by Kenechi; 06-23-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Tell me, did I make a mistake?

Originally posted by Kenechi
In other to get the AMG sports package for my e500, I finally compromised the sports appearance since MB insists I can only order either of the two sports options. I'm still hurting that I will miss out on the dark wood. As for the 5 rib grill ($300) and rear LED $250 a piece), I plan to retrofit when the car gets here. Bad news is that my dealer said that they may not be able to retrofit the LED because of the wiring. How true? Anybody ever retrofitted the LED?

Isn't it really sad that at $70,000 plus, MB cannot throw in some chicken change options? Or, at the very least bundle the appeanrance pkg into the AMG, this is frustrating.
I agree, AMG option should also come w/appearance package additions like the dark wood and white guages; If you really NEED all that, you must opt for the e55
Old 06-23-2004, 09:43 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
I would have went with the appearance and then upgraded the rims to AMG and added a AMG rear bumper and AMG exhaust tips.. It is easier to do and the inside of your car looks way better...

Just my opionion..
Old 06-23-2004, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I thought you can get the Appearance and AMG Sports together? I was too surprised to see that the way expensive AMG package didn't include some of the bits of the way cheaper Appearance package. White gauges and LED tails would have been what I would have thought to be included.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Almost a Member!

02 330Ci
Originally posted by atssystems.com
I would have went with the appearance and then upgraded the rims to AMG and added a AMG rear bumper and AMG exhaust tips.. It is easier to do and the inside of your car looks way better...

Just my opionion..
I thought about that, but consider the cost of rear and front AMG bumpers, AMG exhaust and the 18'' AMG wheels and tires and you'd be talking close to $7000 vs $4800 when factory installed.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Tell me, did I make a mistake?

Originally posted by Kenechi

If I were in your situation, I would opt for the AMG package, then for afternarket additions, I would get the grill and leds (although I'm not so sure those make any difference or are worth the hassle??!!) amg sideskirts and then lower the car if you can; later on, go for a carbon-fibre interior (I know Harris offered a quality set for a not so outrageous price);
Old 06-23-2004, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Re: Re: Tell me, did I make a mistake?

Originally posted by moa4r
I agree, AMG option should also come w/appearance package additions like the dark wood and white guages; If you really NEED all that, you must opt for the e55
I was just thinking the same thing, LOL. Not sure what options you are looking for, but the E55 starts at $79K. When I had my '03 E500 I was seriously thinking of the AMG package (it wasn't available yet from the factory). I had already bought the AMG wheels. But you're right, you start adding this stuff up and with the things the E55 comes with standard, the $ difference was getting smaller and smaller between the E500 w/ AMG mods, wheels, options, etc. than the real thing! i'm glad i didn't do all those mods, because I did end up getting the E55. Don't think those mods bring back all that much on trade, either.