E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

An easy Keyless Go Fix!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 12:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS
An easy Keyless Go Fix!

My 2009 E350 has the keyless go option that was not working when I purchased the car a few months back. It works to some extent on the passenger side of the car. I can lock and unlock most of the time but not always. The driver side is a no go at all. I also have issues starting the car as I frequently get a message no key detected which then flashes to, key detected.

I've read a lot about the handles being the number one issue but lots of people say it could be the module in the door. So I instead of spending $150+ on a handle and then spend money to paint it since there isn't 1 driver side handle in white on eBay, I decided to go this route:

I removed the door panel found the keyless go module, searched the part on eBay and replaced it with a used unit.

Here's a link:
MERCEDES ELECTRICAL KEYLESS ENTRY COMPONENT DOOR RECEIVER MODULE OEM 2118203785 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182244402267

After I unplugged the old unit and connected the one new, I instantly got the unlock chime which I thought was a good sign! Buttoned everything up and well, the handles still don't work, so it's certain they must be replaced. HOWEVER, I can start the car now with the push button with no errors or messages, it works seamlessly.

I was told a few weeks back that Star diagnostics can not get a signal to the module in the rear door, which means it can't read handles either (so I'm told) so I figure this was the inexpensive route in case my handles were in decent shape, which they are not.

Figured this might help some people out.

Oh and ps- I was told CLS handles with KG option work just fine on our cars
Old 03-02-2019, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
I've gotten conflicting information in the past, but if your rear driver's side door handle works, try swapping that with the front. It might fit. Some say they can be swapped others say not, but maybe that has to do with the year and whether it had the face lift or not as some years had different part numbers for all 4 handles and others have the same for the front and back.