E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 E350 Audio/COMAND/MOST/IPOD/AUX issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic
2008 E350 Audio/COMAND/MOST/IPOD/AUX issues...

Hey all,

So my 2008 E350 has not had CD changer eject functionality, radio must be turned off/on manually and does not shut off or turn on with car, no steering wheel audio or channel changing controls, and the message COMAND will shut off if engine is not started etc etc, after 30 mins of driving. Power mirrors also do not work (assuming switch since no bad fuses, and potentially unrelated) and the drivers side rear window and door lock does not work. I read it could be the IPOD connector so i unplugged it from the head unit (navi unit) and plugged back in the AUX connector, pulled the IPOD box from under glove compartment and went in the trunk to finish removing that wiring and bypass the fiber optics and complete the loop but only got the trunk liner and whatnot out before getting distracted with other stuff and leaving the car. Now the radio when turned on shows the Mercedes Benz logo and then shuts off. I assume I pulled some wire somehow or inadvertently did something to cause this obviously. I have been searching but cant seem to find any relevant pics or diagrams and am wondering if anyone has seen this before? Does the ipod connector unit also route to the adapter inside the center console? I should be able to remove this adapter and bypass wiring in trunk and retrace my steps and hopefully get the head unit back working? Mainly I want my steering wheel controls to work as normal and then worry about the Aux functionality. Thank in advance for any help.