E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear Speaker and tweeter not working..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 09:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 SL55, 2004 E320 CDI Estate
Rear Speaker and tweeter not working..

Hi all. I have an S211 estate or wagon as you call it in the US. Well actually I have two but thats another story. The rear left side speaker and tweeter dont make any noise at all when I test them with the fader in the head unit. I bought a spare speaker and tried fitting that but when I tested there was still no sound.

The inside of the door cards on these cars is the best Ive ever seen and im loathed to rip it all out to chase the wiring for a fault.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can check first? The car does not have Harmon Kardon but does have command unit.

Any help welcome.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto

Would this have something to do with Android install https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...se-xtrons.html anyway see if attached diagram helps, standard Audio gateway (amp) should look something like this located behind left rear cargo compartment paneling.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RadioCircuit.pdf (99.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 SL55, 2004 E320 CDI Estate
Originally Posted by konigstiger

Would this have something to do with Android install https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...se-xtrons.html anyway see if attached diagram helps, standard Audio gateway (amp) should look something like this located behind left rear cargo compartment paneling.
Thanks for that. No xtrons fitted to this car. I removed the xtrons a few days after I fitted it as it clearly needed an amp.