Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
W211 roof rack cross bars - for free, in Sacramento >

W211 roof rack cross bars - for free, in Sacramento

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Old 05-07-2019, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E500

Iíve got two locking OEM roof rack cross bars for a W211 sedan hanging in my garage in Sacramento. Theyíve been hanging there since our 2003 E500 went away in 2014, and itís time that someone got some use out of them. No charge for them, but I would prefer that you pick them up in Sacramento (near downtown, not in the far-eastern Ďburbs of Sactown). I donít have a box around thatís big enough to ship them in, though I could arrange shipment via UPS or FedEx if the recipient agrees, Scoutís-honor, to reimburse me for the cost of shipment. Shipment only to US or Canada, eh?

The cross bars are in like-new condition, and I seem to have all the kit that came with them - keys for the locks, a tool for adjusting the bars, four mounting bolts and printed instructions.

I know that these items have some value (they sure did when I bought them at the local M-B dealer), but I donít need to get money for them. I do ask that anyone taking them be a W211 owner who can actually use them, not someone who will take them and then flip them for sale on EBay.

If interested, email me at [email protected]. Make sure ďW211Ē is in the subject line, as that email address is my ďyou-want-an-email-address-from-me?-OK-then-hereís-oneĒ account and it collects a lot of robo-spam. I can email a picture or two of the cross bars, if that would be helpful.

I realize that Iím being a doofus for giving away something that I could sell for good money, but I was an active member of this forum from 2004 to 2014 and gained a lot of useful information here; just trying to return the favor in some way.
The following 2 users liked this post by dwphillips:
2MERKS (05-09-2019), TJ Bell (05-10-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 E500 4matic wagon, 2006 AMG E55, 2009 Smart Fortwo
I just sent you an email, I'll pay for your time and shipping and will use them on my E55 sedan.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E500
The cross bars are on their way to a new home

I just left the cross bars and related parts at FedEx for shipment to the "first responder" in WA state.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
07 E550, 66 GT350, 69 Mach I, 65 Hipo, 66 Fairlane GTA Conv, 66 Fairlane GT
If for some reason that first deal doesnít work let me know. I pass through downtown Sac 4 days a week.