Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 cdi
Please help problem with my car

Hello,

Mercedes Benz W211 E320 CDI 2003

I write to you because I have a very strange problem that we can not find out of any one master.

The problem is the following, there is a strange knocking and I do not know where it comes from.

When the car is cold the problem is not present when the 60+ degrees of warmth is beginning to be heard and over 80 degrees is already clearly heard. The problem occurs only when it presses the throttle and holds 1200 to 2000 rpm. If the accelerator pedal is released, the problem automatically disappears. The car is automatic, and when there is no P problem, when it comes to D or R and the forcing, the rattling is heard. Your car has power, works well and does not smoke. I went through a lot of masters and nobody managed to find the problem. We removed the straps and the problem stood again. Is it possible for the gears or the engine. I'll send you a little video with the sound that's heard. Thanks. Hope you point me to the problem thanks.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
I'm no diesel guy but knowing a little about them I think you have an injector pump issue. Since diesels accelerate by adding more fuel the pump/injector system pushes in more fuel. Since your noise is only present on acceleration I think it points to that. When you let of the accelerator pedal the injector pump basic begins to do nothing so the noise goes away. As for the cold vs hot that could be tolerances changing or something. I don't know if you model has one main injector that then pushes the fuel to the cylinders or a port injection system where the injector is right at the individual cylinders. If it's all in one main unit then that is serviceable and probably needs to be rebuilt. If it's a system with individual injectors then get an old doctors stethoscope or buy a cheap one, this is the best mechanics friend to find where noises are coming from. They actually sell them at auto parts stores. Or use a piece of plastic or rubber tubing, not quite as convenient but also works. With the motor running and one end to your ear start going around the areas of the engine to figure out where the noise is coming from. Have a friend operate the peddle for you. You should be able to narrow it down without having to go to a dealer. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:21 AM

E320 cdi
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
I'm no diesel guy but knowing a little about them I think you have an injector pump issue. Since diesels accelerate by adding more fuel the pump/injector system pushes in more fuel. Since your noise is only present on acceleration I think it points to that. When you let of the accelerator pedal the injector pump basic begins to do nothing so the noise goes away. As for the cold vs hot that could be tolerances changing or something. I don't know if you model has one main injector that then pushes the fuel to the cylinders or a port injection system where the injector is right at the individual cylinders. If it's all in one main unit then that is serviceable and probably needs to be rebuilt. If it's a system with individual injectors then get an old doctors stethoscope or buy a cheap one, this is the best mechanics friend to find where noises are coming from. They actually sell them at auto parts stores. Or use a piece of plastic or rubber tubing, not quite as convenient but also works. With the motor running and one end to your ear start going around the areas of the engine to figure out where the noise is coming from. Have a friend operate the peddle for you. You should be able to narrow it down without having to go to a dealer. Good luck.

Yesterday, I noticed that when I switched from W to S and changed the sound of knocking. It became thicker and less heard. what changes the motor engine or the automatic gear??
Old 05-28-2019, 07:24 AM

2006 E350
Здравей, прегледай това видео и провери дали го имаш този проблем:

Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 AM

E320 cdi
Originally Posted by fjord
Здравей, прегледай това видео и провери дали го имаш този проблем:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEp4GjcXy3o
Минах през доста майстори и според тях не е от дюзите.. Странно е че го прави само на D и като загрее, но не и на P..
Old 05-28-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
When you change gears the speed of the engine is affected so I can see that it would change the sound. The lower the gear you are in then the higher the engine speed would be. However, this is a little different than pressing down the accelerator pedal which would add more diesel fuel to the engine. Sounds like it has something to do with the speed of the engine. I happen to see a TV show Wheeler Dealers the other day that where they did some repairs on a MB diesel engine, it's on the Motor Trend Channel in the US but the program plays in Europe also, you might try to search the internet for it. The repaired the diesel injector unit.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
W211 E320 CDI Sportpackage With Carlsson CD32 Chip 2004
Try to tighten the injector bolt holders. They get loose sometimes. 320 CDI om648 has 6. Just a tik or to. If it doesn't move let it..
Greets don't force to much