E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2006 E500 Wagon Climate control fan DOESN"T work!!!! (And now it does)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 e500 4matic wagon
2006 E500 Wagon Climate control fan DOESN"T work!!!! (And now it does)

I have seen this topic come up repeatedly and I think I have had all the issues with this that everyone else has had.
  1. Put my radio in and fan stops working.
  2. Pull all the fuses and fan starts to work.
  3. Replace the regulator fan still doesn't work.
  4. I bought two regulators so test that fan still doesn't work.
  5. Replace the fan with the new regulator and fan continues to blow until I un plug it.
  6. Put the original regulator on the new fan and now the fan works as it should.
I am a huge man so sliding under the passenger well made this a much more difficult than it would have been for a regular sized human. But long story short, if your fan stops working replace it with original equipment and replace BOTH the fan and the regulator. I bought the cheap regulators and you can see the difference below. The orginal has a red square in it, and that must be the relay that cause the device to come on and off, the off brand version doesn't have the relay and offers no speed control with my car.

Any rate I hope this saves someone a lot of time and grief, when the fan messes up replace both the fan and regulator with original parts.