E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Is it just me or...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, you have ash interior. I thought you had stone interior. I like the stone interior better. It makes it a whole lot brighter. Anyone got pics of stone interior on a white E?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The stone interior comes with (exact matching) stone carpeted mats. I've gone thru 1 harsh winter (got the car Dec 24 '04), and decided during the winter to purchase a new extra set of carpeted mats ($ 100. set of 4 from dlr parts dept) to use in all seasons except winter next year, so the factory mats would become "winter mats".

The Blue Coral carpet/upholstery spray cleans the carpet, mats & door jamb trim so well and so easily, I doubt they will be necessary. I bought a package of white terry "washcloths" at BJ's Wholesale Club & spray the blue Coral onto the carpets & mats, wait a couple of seconds & blot clean. It takes only a few seconds. I am amazed how quickly it works.

If you get road tar, gum, or EXTRA tough stains like that on the carpet that the Blue Coral doesn't please you in removing, use V,M&P Naptha, which you can get at any paint store/Home Center. Pour it onto the wash cloth to thoroughly soak it & blot the stain. It will lift it into the rag, then use the Blue Coral. The Naphtha will turn your finger tips white because it removes all the oil from your skin, so just wash your hands. The Naphta is also sold as "Bug & Tar Remover" for 10 times the price in small bottles so it can be used as such on your paint.

The light (stone) interior looks amazing, & all who look at it will think you are a slave to it, but really, It only takes 2 minutes every other week to keep it looking brand new! Of course, in between "blottings" you will see scuff marks on the driver's mat simply from day to day use. After all, you are USING the car. Tell your wife/family to "pick up their feet" when getting into/out of the car so they don't hit the door jambs. They'll get used to it. Even with a dark interior, constantly hitting the jambs with sneakers/shoes will eventually damage the fabric, whether or not the scuff marks are visible.

**DO NOT USE EITHER OF THESE PRODUCTS ON LEATHER**

I use Lexol leather cleaner which I dilute 1 part Lexol to 5 parts water & keep in a special spray bottle. Since the leather cleans so easily, I dilute the Lexol to use as little detergent as possible on it.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Guest0001

IMO Benz only looks good in Brilliant Silver and Flat black and some Greys.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Mercedes ML430
For the winter I go to Walmart and buy two mats, one for the front and one for the rear. They are thick plastic with 1" sidewalls to keep water/dirt/mud in. Only $5 each, just hose them off later.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by GLisella

Like your sig. Very good!!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Noble C320
IMO Benz only looks good in Brilliant Silver and Flat black and some Greys.
Flat black? I don't recall flat black, unless its one that is so old that the shine has wore off.

I assume that is one of the names of the MB blacks?
Old 07-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by CALBenzo
Flat black? I don't recall flat black, unless its one that is so old that the shine has wore off.

I assume that is one of the names of the MB blacks?
are you being sarcastic?

flat black is just "regular" black. no mettalic.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Noble C320
are you being sarcastic?

flat black is just "regular" black. no mettalic.

I guess when I think of flat black, as in wall paint, it is a color with no glossiness. The black you are referring to, to me, would be a solid black or non-metallic black.

Its probably just my own lack of terminology.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by CALBenzo
I guess when I think of flat black, as in wall paint, it is a color with no glossiness. The black you are referring to, to me, would be a solid black or non-metallic black.

Its probably just my own lack of terminology.
can also be said. Basic black or matte black
Old 07-16-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
I came across a listing by du Pont of the most popular US car colors:

http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/11/pf/autos/colors/

BTW, has anyone seen Stone in Brilliant Silver? Any pictures?