E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MBUSA Correspondence: No More Rest Feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
Originally Posted by Otto
both my bimmer (e39) and e have this feature. I use it while I wait for a train in parting lot during winters. (for a luxury car, I cannot imagine why mbusa takes this feature out)
And why are you so sure it is MBUSA? My guess it is ALL E-classes.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 & Q7
My guess it is ALL E-classes
you are probably right because mb plans to remove around 600+ "useless electronic complications" as soon as it can. the 05 w211 is one of cadidates.

what are the defintions of "uesless delctronics" ? (mb defines them? or we define them?)

mbusa thinks sbc-hold is not necessary but it is useful if you live in San Francisco.

mbusa thinks folded mirrors is not necessary but it is useful if you live in metro areas.

mbusa thinks rest is not necessary but it is useful if you live cold winter areas.

I belive you can list more useful "useless" items.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:45 PM
lig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Here in Seattle - SBC hold would be very useful. My car (if allowed) rolls back a good distance while in gear - even with throttle. I have to either switch to "winter" or stand on the brakes for a while to prevent the car from rolling back (every day grrrr...)

Now that I know about "rest" I'll be using it. :p

If they truly wanted to save $$$ - I'd have them scrap the brake by wire sensotronic stuff and go back to conventional brakes.

That would be and improvement by subtraction IMO.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
I sell real estate, and I like the rest feature. I'm in and out of my car a zillion times in a short period of time. I like it on warm days--it makes the car comfortable right away when you get back in. The way I drive, sometimes the A/C never has a chance to kick in.