Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55 AMG 06
Shielded ADS Arnott Air Struts from Amazon

So I bought the Arnott A-2725 Air Spring from amazon for my cls55 amg
Amazon Amazon
this is the link for the one I bought.

What I recieved was
Amazon Amazon
which is suppost to be the A-2724* but the black one in person has the product number A-2725 which is not matching the one pictured in the link I bought.

The one I bought is suppost to have a red top and cover around the airstrut, but it is simply the black model with no shield or red top. My question is, everywhere I looked I only evere saw the all black stut, I saw on partsgeek.com and amazon.com the red airstut with shielding and thought I would rather buy that one so it doesnt blow as easy and is slightly more expensive than the black one, so does anyone actually have the shielded airstut with the red top or is this just fake marketing, again I bought the red shielded one and got the black non shielded one that has the part number of the red shielded one, I looked long to make sure the airstut had "ADS" "Mercedes Adaptive Damping System ADS " so that I can cycle between the 3 different suspension modes.
Thank you for the insight, I wrote to the amazon seller 2 times already about the issue and the stut i got and no response 4 days later still, I told them id keep the incorrect stuts if they refunded me the amount that the black stuts would have been worth around ~120$ but again no response. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Rpkxnoscope; 09-26-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
I think Arnott changed the coloring - possibly an update but not sure ,, I think your good but may want to call arnott -- let us know what they say
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 06:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
07 E550 4M - 11 Audi TT - 99 Expedition EB
I did these in May on my 07 e550. I ordered the a-2724 (Arnott A-2724 Air Spring
Amazon Amazon
).

They were definitely the correct part, and they were black, as pictured in the above link.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by Rpkxnoscope
So I bought the Arnott A-2725 Air Spring from amazon for my cls55 amg https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HWCX04M..._t1_B00HWCWXPY this is the link for the one I bought.

What I received is suppose to be the A-2724* but the black one in person has the product number A-2725 which is not matching the one pictured in the link I bought.

The one I bought is suppose to have a red top and cover around the air strut, but it is simply the black model with no shield or red top. My question is, everywhere I looked I only evere saw the all black stut, I saw on partsgeek.com and amazon.com the red airstut with shielding and thought I would rather buy that one so it doesnt blow as easy and is slightly more expensive than the black one, so does anyone actually have the shielded airstut with the red top or is this just fake marketing, again I bought the red shielded one and got the black non shielded one that has the part number of the red shielded one, I looked long to make sure the airstut had "ADS" "Mercedes Adaptive Damping System ADS " so that I can cycle between the 3 different suspension modes.
Thank you for the insight, I wrote to the amazon seller 2 times already about the issue and the stut i got and no response 4 days later still, I told them id keep the incorrect stuts if they refunded me the amount that the black stuts would have been worth around ~120$ but again no response. Thanks for reading.
The red Arnott Air Spring was a very early version of that part. A short while later Arnott switched to all black and soon after that Arnott added the dust baffle.

A-2724 is for the 05-11 W211 or W219 with Airmatic, ADS and with or without 4MATIC, but excluding AMG
A-2725 is for AMG models of the W211 or W219 with Airmatic and ADS

Unlike most of Arnott's products - these rear air springs must to be replaced in pairs. This is because Arnott has changed the design of the internal piston so that is does not use the reservoir (air tank). By doing this installation time is cut by over 90% because you won't have to lower the entire rear end to remove and replace the air spring (which sits in front of the axle) or the reservoir (which is behind it).

If you have questions about fitment or installation - Please contact Arnott's Customer Support Team.