E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Memory Seat Moved!

Old 07-15-2004, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Memory Seat Moved!

Used my smart key to start the car today instead of the keyless go button & not only did the steering wheel move down as it always does, but the seat moved into position for the 1st & only time in 8 months of ownership!! I was able to turn the car off open the door, manually move the seat further back, exit lock the leave & doors. When I got into the car again, put the key in & started it, only the wheel moved into position, no seat movement back into my driving position... any thoughts as to why? Should I bother the dealer to look into it. I don't want any major seat tear down. They never put the upholstery back as nice & tight as the factory.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 & Q7
my experience is

inserting each key/card and setting up convience features key/card by key/card. (you may have to it a couple of times until it works.)
Old 07-15-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Sounds like you might have the easy-entry feature set to "Stearing Col." only; try changing the setting on the instrument cluster under [Settings], [Convenience], [Easy-entry feature] to "Steer. Col.. + seat".

Also, test with your other SmartKey (ensure "Key Dependant" is turned on). See if that one functions properly. If it does, then it might be a worn battery, or a defective key.

If you still have problems, I say take it to the dealer - perhaps its just a software issue that can be remedied with an update.

GL.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Settings is definitely set up properly (wheel & seat) I'm sure its a sensor/software/seat problem. No settings were ever changed, it just moved into position that 1 time. I thought it mig be set to work woth the remote/smartkey & NOT whth the keyless go unlocking & starting sequence, but then I realized that the keyless go would have to recognize a key in my pocket anyway...

I don't know if its a simple enough fix and not a major diamantelling of the interior to fix?? I wouldn't want to go on a witch hunt.