E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

05 CDI STILL in the shop, problem unknown!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CDI STILL in the shop, problem unknown!

Its been a total of 2 weeks and they still cant find the proiblem.
Just got a call from Mercedes and they told me that they still havent found the problems with the power loss and turbo surge. They replaced the low pressure fuel pump, some sensors and relays, and then the high pressure pump (25,000 psi pump) and that didnt fix it. Now they are going to try to replace the injector rail and see if that fixes it. They told me that they are not yet sure what the problem is. The injector rail is on order and will not be here until Monday. By then it will be over 2 solid weeks in the shop for the same repair. Now I'm getting a little fustrated.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM

'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
Originally Posted by Viesel
Its been a total of 2 weeks and they still cant find the proiblem. Now I'm getting a little fustrated.
I can well imagine. I'd be livid! I hope they're treating you well during this.

Please continue to keep us all informed. Misery loves company!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
start researching your state's lemon law and be ready to put it in motion.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:22 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by nyca
start researching your state's lemon law and be ready to put it in motion.
Exactly. Normally +/-30 days out of service and weekends count too.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Its been a total of 2 weeks and they still cant find the problem. Now I'm getting a little fustrated.
Curious, what's your location?
Old 07-31-2004, 01:21 AM

I am located in Tampa and I think the lemon law states that if the car is in for a total of 14 days in a 2 year period you got a case! Well I got 14 days now. Been thinking all night about what else could go wrong with it, now that they are R&R ing parts to get it running. Will it ever be to factory specs again? How easy is the lemon law, I did a car several years back and it was a nightmare, and I think that I was the one that actually got ripped off from the buy back, They told me that I was to purchase another new vehicle in order for the law to work on my side, and it had to be one of the cars that they sold, VW/Honda. I really like the car and dont want to give it up yet but I am a little concerned what the future will be like with it. Is the quality really there or is it going to be a flop. The service manager told me that the US versions of the CDIs are quite different in a lot of ways in order to meet US emissions, therefor this version is actually a brand new revised model of the ones in Europe that have been on the road a few years. What would anyone else do in my situation?
Old 07-31-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Question Problems?

Hope that others are not having these same or similiar problems also?

Could others have been having the same problems as you are having, causing no less than 15 cars to be listed on the Autotrader site. See:

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/r...=used&x=27&y=7

Many of these cars listed are of low (new) mileages, but there are some that have more miles. Makes me wonder why they are for sale, given that they are such a nice driver.

I'm all set to order a new one built to my specs to replace the old '99 E-300 TD. Hope I'm not about to make a big mistake?

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Old 07-31-2004, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Viesel,
Sorry to hear about all of your probs with the CDI. You have me worried. So far, I haven't had any issues. Mild turbo lag, but I think this has to do with tran gearing. No CEL/MIL. Let me know what was some of your early indicators of problems. I look out for these and give you an update.
Hope all works out. It usually does.
Jay
Old 07-31-2004, 12:19 PM

'05 E320 CDI, ‘10 E63, ‘13 SL63, Sprinter 170
Yikes, swung by the dealer yesterday and got confirmation my CDI is built and I got the VIN # to it. Should be hitting the water shortly. As if I wasn't nervous enough about a car being built at the time of labor strifes at D-B, now this thread has me wondering what I have gotten myself into.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Florida's Lemon Law

Here's all you need to know about Florida's Lemon Law:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...4?OpenDocument

The threshold for your situation is likely 15 day's cumulative repairs for one defect. In order to protect yourself, you must notify the manufacture by certified mail.

According the the AG's office, the manufacturers really jump when they get these letters. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2004, 01:15 PM

'05 e320 cdi, '05 lexus rx330
Originally Posted by Green E-300 DT

Hope that others are not having these same or similiar problems also?

Could others have been having the same problems as you are having, causing no less than 15 cars to be listed on the Autotrader site. See:
It seems that all those cars are being sold at sticker or higher, I guess they think there is a huge demand for these cars
Old 07-31-2004, 01:16 PM

'05 e320 cdi, '05 lexus rx330
Originally Posted by ToyCollector
Yikes, swung by the dealer yesterday and got confirmation my CDI is built and I got the VIN # to it. Should be hitting the water shortly. As if I wasn't nervous enough about a car being built at the time of labor strifes at D-B, now this thread has me wondering what I have gotten myself into.
Don't worry, the car is great!
Old 07-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
I am located in Tampa and I think the lemon law states that if the car is in for a total of 14 days in a 2 year period you got a case! What would anyone else do in my situation?
Check your private messages.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:24 AM

Question Sticker or higher?

Originally Posted by kort677
It seems that all those cars are being sold at sticker or higher, I guess they think there is a huge demand for these cars

I'm wondering where is the best state or dealer to order mine?

The Lost Wages dealer wants sticker even on an ordered car.
Maybe that is why they have six CDIs in stock!

I've heard that there are dealers that are discounting 'em already.

Anyone care to share that information with me?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-01-2004, 01:34 AM

'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
$1000-2000 off should be fairly easy to get.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Green E-300 DT

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/r...=used&x=27&y=7

Many of these cars listed are of low (new) mileages, but there are some that have more miles. Makes me wonder why they are for sale, given that they are such a nice driver.

Kinda odd that there are so many used ones out there with miles up for sale again. I wonder why anyone that would buy a Diesel Mercedes would trade them in so quickly, Its a nitch market that doesnt usually see that. Like the old Audi owners, they usually buy and drive them forever. Diesel freaks like myself have waited a long time for this and anyone that is buying a Diesel Mercedes for the first time I think would be so impressed with the car that they would also keep it for a long time. I dont know....It seems odd to me there are so many used for sale, maybe there are some problems that have not been made public.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Kinda odd that there are so many used ones out there with miles up for sale again. I wonder why anyone that would buy a Diesel Mercedes would trade them in so quickly, Its a nitch market that doesnt usually see that. Like the old Audi owners, they usually buy and drive them forever. Diesel freaks like myself have waited a long time for this and anyone that is buying a Diesel Mercedes for the first time I think would be so impressed with the car that they would also keep it for a long time. I dont know....It seems odd to me there are so many used for sale, maybe there are some problems that have not been made public.
These are obviously dealer Demo's. Most if not all are through MB dealers. Some state they are a demo and not been titled.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Florida Lemon law is Easy!

Viesel, Our state really cleaned up the law a few years ago, and all you have to do is follow the steps and procedures as per the AG's office. If you call them they will send you the packet. Biggest problem people have is documenting all conversations and actions. Best to everything by written correspondence and return receipt certified mail. Will pay off when and if you have to go court.

Randy
Old 08-02-2004, 09:18 PM

Monday Update: Got a call from the dealer this afternoon and they told me that they are still unable to find the problem. They told me that they are making arrangements to send a tech guy from Germany over to look at the car. They do not know how long it will take or when he would actually be flying in, so they offered me another loner car instead of the toyota camry they told me that they just got in another brand new CDI and offerd to let me drive it, as it may take a while to fix my car.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
...they told me that they just got in another brand new CDI and offerd to let me drive it, as it may take a while to fix my car.

If you like the spec, tell them you'll just keep it!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:30 PM

Thumbs up Sounds good to me!

Monday Update: Got a call from the dealer this afternoon and they told me that they are still unable to find the problem. They told me that they are making arrangements to send a tech guy from Germany over to look at the car. They do not know how long it will take or when he would actually be flying in, so they offered me another loner car instead of the Toyota Camry. They told me they just got in another brand new CDI and offered to let me drive it, as it may take a while to fix my car.

As long as you'll be driving a new car and a CDI to boot, how can you complain?

Seems like they're doing their best and trying to bend over backwards by supplying the same car you own for your use, and not some POS Camry or even a gas MBZ, but another CDI. When mine was in the shop for warranty work, my dealer rented a C-class for me. Talk about a let down; I don't understand how anyone can stand 'em. There is no comparison between a new C class and any older W-210.

Sounds almost too good to be true. I hope that imported tech solves the problem in a hurry, and gets you back into your own CDI pronto.

Please keep us all posted as to what is going on!

Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 AM

Wed. Morning Update

The CEL still comes on reading high pressure pump failure and low pressure pump failure. I seen the faults myself in the shop. So they removed the parts and tested them and they tested perfect. Then they installed new pumps and the codes still come up and the car will not make power. They think its a sensor instead. Anyways I have a 05 CDI loaner (black) very nice but not my favorite color, but hey its a CDI!! and not a Camry, nothing against a Camry if you owne one just not my kind a car. The dealer still has been extreamly nice and helpful. They take me back to the shop and show me what they have done and show me the testing equipment. Really nice shop manager, and he seems to be very smart with diesels, that makes me feel better knowing that he has had experience with vw, volvo, and mercedes diesels. While I am typing this they just called with another update! Tech guy will be here this afternoon to look at the car.
Ill keep you guys and gals posted. Ohh if anyone knows how to find a Vag-Com equivalent for the Benz let me know. I would love to have one.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
what are you waiting for? use the lemon law now! you can get a new car, why be wedded to a faulty car that they cannot fix, when the assembly line is cranking out new ones that run, and you can get one of those.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:44 PM

'05 E320 CDI, ‘10 E63, ‘13 SL63, Sprinter 170
Originally Posted by nyca
...when the assembly line is cranking out new ones that run, and you can get one of those.
We hope!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:00 PM

Picked it up from the shop today and they told me that the fuel filter came apart internally and the filter fragments worked their way thru the entire fuel system, clogging everything from the fuel rail to the injectors. Seems odd to me that a mercedes OEM filter would do such a thing. Anyways drove the car home, all was fine until I got a block away and again power loss and turbo surge. It goes back on Monday!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 CDI STILL in the shop, problem unknown!