E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aux Battery Relay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2020 | 09:37 PM

2003 E500
Aux Battery Relay

Hey guys,
I’ve recently got the red battery message on the dash. I tested the aux battery and it had low charge (50%), so figured that was the issue. I replaced it and am still getting the message with the “consumer power” message as well. It would seem that it is likely the relay (based on what I’ve read here). Does anyone have one for sale or anyone have any contacts? The dealership does not have any in stock, I see some on ebay, but I don’t have much confidence in that platform anymore.

If I buy used, does it matter if the donor car is a right hand drive (my car is left hand).

this is for a 2003 E500

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-27-2020 | 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 ML350 Bluetec
fcpeuro.com
No interest in the company, but a happy customer anyway.
The following users liked this post:
Hotkeys (04-27-2020)
Old 05-04-2020 | 09:52 AM

05 E320 wagon
Originally Posted by Hotkeys
Hey guys,
I’ve recently got the red battery message on the dash. I tested the aux battery and it had low charge (50%), so figured that was the issue. I replaced it and am still getting the message with the “consumer power” message as well. It would seem that it is likely the relay (based on what I’ve read here). Does anyone have one for sale or anyone have any contacts? The dealership does not have any in stock, I see some on ebay, but I don’t have much confidence in that platform anymore.

If I buy used, does it matter if the donor car is a right hand drive (my car is left hand).

this is for a 2003 E500

Thanks
Mike
Im having the same problem ,and I've changed both batteries and tried to clear the code but it still won't go away
Old 05-04-2020 | 09:59 AM

2003 E500
Old 05-04-2020 | 10:00 AM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by Jay Petty
Im having the same problem ,and I've changed both batteries and tried to clear the code but it still won't go away
I got stuck with the car (It started beeping, red message, "STOP VEHICLE") so I had it towed to my indie. He tested the alternator and says that's the problem. I'm waiting for the part to come in and have it replaced. I'll update once it's done.
Old 06-16-2020 | 09:43 AM

2003 E500
I got stuck with the car (It started beeping, red message, "STOP VEHICLE") so I had it towed to my indie. He tested the alternator and says that's the problem. I'm waiting for the part to come in and have it replaced. I'll update once it's done.

Alright so after being in the garage since this issue came up and had the alternator changed (along with many misc parts that I had been waiting to take care of), the red “visit workshop” message is still there. So I’ve just ordered what I had originally suspected to be the problem based on what I’ve read here - the aux battery relay. I should have it in a couple days and will update!
Old 06-19-2020 | 09:25 AM

2003 E500
Alright so after being in the garage since this issue came up and had the alternator changed (along with many misc parts that I had been waiting to take care of), the red “visit workshop” message is still there. So I’ve just ordered what I had originally suspected to be the problem based on what I’ve read here - the aux battery relay. I should have it in a couple days and will update!

New and old relay.

Installed new relay.
Hey guys,
installed the new relay. I’m still getting the red battery message. Any other ideas? The rear battery is good, front battery is new, relay changed, alternator changed. Any ideas?
Old 06-19-2020 | 12:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Consider BCM, read through attachment to better understand the system and I would suggest you have someone pull fault codes using MB diagnostics before proceeding.
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Hotkeys (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020 | 03:26 PM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Consider BCM, read through attachment to better understand the system and I would suggest you have someone pull fault codes using MB diagnostics before proceeding.
thanks Konigstiger!
Old 06-23-2020 | 05:07 PM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by konigstiger
BCM worked! I found a 2004 E500 Wagon at a wreckers and low and behold, it still had it in the car and it worked!!!!!! Thanks for the help!

i ended up pulling a SBC pump and seat module (mind has not worked since I got the car) - will get that in there too!

any way to test the SBC pump? This one kind of has a tank on it - different then the one on my car - newer version maybe?