E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E55 AMG coilover conversion. Can the service air ride light be turned off somehow??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
E55 AMG coilover conversion. Can the service air ride light be turned off somehow??

Hey guys,
I've searched and read quite a few threads discussing the removal of the factory air ride suspension and replacing it with coilovers.

My car had the air ride removed and has been swapped onto BC racing coilovers. Everything is great but I have the "1 malfunction" light on the dash when I start the car and it just has the little car with the arrow up on it showing it's an air suspension code.

Is there a way to turn it off since the car no longer has the air ride shocks?

I've read about pulling a fuse/relay that I'd supposed to turn it off but not sure which one. Also read about a harness or some sort that tricks the computer into thinking everything is normal.

What's the best way to delete the code?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
W211 E500
I believe you will need access to a STAR module to program it out of the car's code if you were to do it the so-called "right" way. However, there are many members here that know their way around airmatic as well as how to trick the module so they may have a more cost-effective solution....
Old 05-06-2020, 09:57 PM

Received 238 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
The Airmatic system can be coded out but if you have Xenon lights with curve illumination I believe you will end up with a malfunction for the lights.