E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Key fob won't unlock/lock, car won't start either

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Key fob won't unlock/lock, car won't start either

Hi, there. My car is 08 E350. Got out from the store to find out that the car won't unlock, used the blade. Inserted the key didn't react either, it didn't let it to turn even in first position. Thought the batteries are the problem, though I replaced them a few months ago, put new ones just in case and the same, so had it towed.
Did some research. So far checked the fuse #8 for the antenna in the trunk-good, checked the fuse for the EIS in the engine compartment- good. Battery , checked it -12.6V, replaced it a about 1.5 year ago. I do have the iCarsoft MBII, the only thing I could diagnose with the car being turned off it's the EIS module, which showed me something like low voltage (I did cleared it instantly, I should have written it down first, but forgot).
I don't have a spare key to check it, the key looks like it's working, the red led is flashing when pressing the buttons, also checked with the phone camera the infrared diode and its emitting. Will be ordering a new key fob from the dealer anyway since I need a spare one.
Any ideas, something I missed, before i will have to proceed to more expensive steps (like stealership ). I do DIY a lot, rarely taking my cars to the shop.
Thanks for any input.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes E class w211 T-model
Hi, it happend to me once on a clk 230 kompressor, the key unlock the car but it wont turn on in the ignition, i went to mercedes and the gave me 2 options, or was the ignition modulo or the key, so i start from the cheaper option that was the key at £230 and it work, never more had any similar issue, the ignition system is the same as the E class.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Will get another key first, see if it'll solve the issue