Air suspension MAXED out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 2WD US MODEL
Angry Air suspension MAXED out!

2007 E550 Left hand drive US model non 4matic

I have searched over and over and keep finding leak down to the ground diagnosis and such. Here is what I have going on Air malfunction light comes on for valve block. it shows a code C1350 on my Mac Tools scan tool. (Airmatic pressure release valve open circuit). I look cant find any wire issues that are obvious. Drive the car a little and the front suspension maxes out. It is as high as it can get. I park the car and it takes about 2 -3 weeks in the garage and the rear drops to the ground. The front is still all the way up. I order the valve block, figure as long as it is torn down that far the car has almost 140k miles on it. I should throw a compressor in there as well. So new valve block, compressor, and relay all get replaced. I personally thought when I pulled the lines off the valve block I figured that would let the air out of the front struts at least. I didn't replace the fuse as all fuses tested good with a test light. I found the underhood, the trunk and drivers fuse block it there another I am not aware of?
Is there some sort of system reset that I cant find on here for a W211? I don't want to do the coil over conversion I don't like the ride. I wanted one of these as a kid But I am losing interest quick after an expensive trans and some other parts that equal the cars current worth. If any of y'all can help me keep the enthusiasm I would appreciate it!
Is there a scan tool I can buy that is compatible to do more than jjust check engine lights without buying the Star and having to pay all of the subscription to Mercedes
Old 09-29-2020, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Mercedes E500(Sold), 2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG, 1980 Mercedes 450SL, 2005 Mercedes e320 CDI
I have a similar problem and was wondering if you had figured it out. My front suspension is all the way maxed out and no codes are being thrown(The code reader I use is a Icarsoft MB II). The back is sitting where it needs to be. I've tried a couple of thing and nothing seems to work. Any help would be nice, thanks.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 2WD US MODEL
Originally Posted by Nemanja34
I have a similar problem and was wondering if you had figured it out. My front suspension is all the way maxed out and no codes are being thrown(The code reader I use is a Icarsoft MB II). The back is sitting where it needs to be. I've tried a couple of thing and nothing seems to work. Any help would be nice, thanks.
It actually ended up being a broken wire inside the plug on compressor. Found a pigtail that matches off an older mercedes diesel fuel injector. Was still in the rubber but broken of the terminal.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Mercedes E500(Sold), 2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG, 1980 Mercedes 450SL, 2005 Mercedes e320 CDI
Ill take a look at that, about 6 months ago I replaced my compressor so hopefully the compressor its self isn't the problem, Thanks for the help!