E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 Estate Air Ride acting odd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63 Estate, 2017 Land Rover Range Rover diesel, 1978 Jeep CJ7 Golden Eagle
E500 Estate Air Ride acting odd

I very much appreciate anyones input but let me be very clear. I am very aware of the option to replace the system with coil overs or regular shocks, but I love the options that the air ride offers and prefer to keep it factory stock, at least as far as operation goes.

With that here are the particulars: 2005 model, 134K miles, I purchased it some 4 years ago and immediately put a new air comp and 4 Arnott air springs on it and it worked perfectly for a couple of years. Then about a year ago I would hear the release valve release pressure pretty often, as well as the compressor kick on pretty regularly. Leak in the system, right? Well, sometimes it doesn't exhaust or recharge for quite some time, so it doesn't appear to be consistent.

Resting: sometimes when parked it will drop down further than when I left it just an hour prior and I can tell because the bottom of the front core support (or whatever it's called) will come to rest on the top of the parking space block of concrete and scrape as I back off.

Measuring: So this morning I noticed that the right rear looked a little deeper into the wheel well than it should so I measured the fender lip and started it, closed the doors and let it sit for a few and It cam back up about an inch but was still an inch lower than the drivers side. Then I hit the raise vehicle button and closed the door, waited, and but sides went up another inch but the left was still an inch higher than the right. Just for the record, it was parked on a flat surface, steering wheel straight, and tyres filled to recommended pressures.

Again, I like to options it offers as I sometimes tow light trailers and am looking into towing heavier stuff (within suggested limits) but am a little curious about the operation and inconsistency of. Are there any other sensors or pressure measuring bits that I may need to replace? Thx much!!
Old 09-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by ATXS55
I purchased it some 4 years ago and immediately put a new air comp and 4 Arnott air springs on it and it worked perfectly for a couple of years.
Arnott offers lifetime warranty, start by replacing malfunctioning unit: https://www.arnottindustries.com/warranty
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63 Estate, 2017 Land Rover Range Rover diesel, 1978 Jeep CJ7 Golden Eagle
Well, that is good to know. Thanks much for your submission. Take care!!