E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

picking up my E , what to look out for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
What is a power wash?

P.S.
Wonder what they do for european delivery? Guess we will find out next Friday.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
What is a power wash?

P.S.
Up here in Canada, we use explosive to remove the dirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a power washer or a pressure washer.

http://www.azcentral.com/home/diy/pressure.html

Last edited by Spartan; 08-28-2004 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
P.S.
They wash the car and call you
Old 08-28-2004, 10:07 AM

'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
I've used a pressure washer on the wheels once or twice. However, isn't it a little strong to use on trim (especially around window seals and rubber parts) and on paint?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:09 AM

I've used a pressure washer on the wheels once or twice. However, isn't it a little strong to use on trim (especially around window seals and rubber parts) and on paint?
Test how far your wand must be from spraying the top of your arm. You should feel pressure but it should be far away enough as not to sting. I have been using pressure washers to clean my cars for 25 years with no problems whatsoever.

The reason I use a pressure washer is to power off the small bits of hard mater that may cling in the rubber crevices and trim. The second reason is that I can clean the wheel wells and underneath the car very quickly and efficiently.

I could NEVER understand people who go and buy 3000 psi pressure washers. Are the cleaning things or are they drilling holes?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
DavidNJ, I am excited for your delivery. You have been helpful and your knowledge of the CDI helped me purchase it over three months ago. Enjoy and thanks again!
Jay
Old 08-28-2004, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by BudC
They wash the car and call you
Exactly.......

....and they do a bad job at it too.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:59 AM

'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
Tech Inspection

Having learned from past experience, I now do the following each time I take delivery of a new car:

-Check tire pressures

-Check all fluid levels (engine oil, ATF, power steering, brake fluid, coolant, windshield washer)

-Check wheel nut torque (using a torque wrench)

-Check for presence of all equipment that should be there (options I ordered, manuals, jack, spare, lug wrench, tools, etc.)

-Check all lights for function

-Give entire car (exterior, interior, under hood, trunk) a visual once-over for any anomalies.

The inspection is much quicker than it sounds, and really involves very little work.

In spite of this, our last new car delivery (an '03 Toyota 4Runner) involved departure of two of the thumbwheels that secure the crossbars on the roof rack while on the way home. Over the years, I've picked up MANY problems by doing this, but obviously not all of them!

I plan to take a small tire pressure gauge along to Germany next month, but will probably have to use the car's lug wrench to check wheel nut tightness.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:20 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by saffrontiger
DavidNJ, I am excited for your delivery. You have been helpful and your knowledge of the CDI helped me purchase it over three months ago. Enjoy and thanks again!
Jay

Glad to be of help...

Last edited by DavidNJ; 08-28-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 AM

'05 E320, '07 MDX
taking delivery in "early December"

Greetings everyone...
Soon I will take delivery of a new '05 E320 with premium package and leather upgrade. About two months ago I ordered this car through a close relative who is a MBUSA employee. I was told the car arrived at the port in LA on 11-19-04, and will be ready for pick up at M-B Laguna Niguel in "early December".
This forum has been great to learn about other people's experiences, both good and bad with the W211. This thread in particular has given me some valuable advice on what to look out for when taking delivery...

But I still have a few questions and you guys would be doing me a big favor with your comments...

1) How long does a typical dealer delivery take place; do they give ample time to go over everything such as Navigation, congfigurable settings, etc., or do they just give you the manuals and tell you to go home and study?
2) Does a dealer provide an inspection checklist to go over with the customer, or do they prefer you inspect it on you own?
3) Has anyone refused delivery if something significant was defective, or do most people take the dealer's word and return the car later for corrective action?
4) Since this thread originally started in August, has anyone noticed any new idiosyncrasies, a.k.a. features, that I should check for during delivery with the '05 model, (besides the center console change)?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...
Old 11-29-2004, 02:20 AM

2005 E500
I picked my car from MB Laguna Niguel just two weeks ago. My sales guy Manny Molina was kick-***.

1.) He walked me through all basic features the car has and even some of the more detailed ones (i.e. personalized settings and such) He took well over an hour with me and made sure to clearly answer any questions I could come up with, and I did have a few. After all that he told me to feel free to call him or come in with any other questions I might have.
2.) I can only speak for myself, but I was not given or asked to sign any Inspection Checklist.
3.) I took the car and the next day found a 3 inch scratch looked like "curb rash" on the bottom right lip of the front bumper. Almost invisible really, but one call to Manny and he immediately set me up with service advisor the next day and had them install the Wood/Leather steering wheel they threw in at delivery. All at no charge.

So if you aren't working with anyone directly at Laguna Niguel I recommend my man Manny.

Have fun in your new car and Congratulations.

J-