E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

FS: 2009 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic (Parts Car)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic AMG
FS: 2009 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic (Parts Car)

Hello MB Community,

I hope I am posting in the correct place as I am not sure if I should put on marketplace yet.

Unfortunately a very sad day has come and my beloved Mercedes finally died on me with just about 160k miles on the odometer. All the lights came on as I was driving and the car immediately became unresponsive after very meticulous maintenance and servicing (at MB dealerships until about 100k miles then shops + self for the remaining 60k). Everything in the car mechanically and electronically functioned 100% up until this point.

I am now putting a feeler post out there to see if there is interest in anyone purchasing the vehicle as is (motor is not working, but electronics are fully operational). The car is in excellent shape for the year and mileage with minor wear an tear. Front and rear bumpers could be either repaired or replaced, minor scratches and markings on the body overall. Only aftermarket install was a brand new set of E400 AMG 2017-2020 245/40/18 wheels that literally do not have a scuff on them (no bends, cracks, and are OEM) and brand new (less than 100 miles) tires + lugs to go with them that cost me over 2k alone. I purchased from a fantastic member of this community only a few months ago. The color of the vehicle is the Iridium Metallic (I believe the proper name) and black leather interior. Fully loaded w/ pano sunroof and has OEM all weather and original mats + OEM Bluetooth and OEM Sirius XM head unit.

Again gauging interest if there is any appetite for a parts car for any of you all. Will not part out as I am sure I'd be stuck with it in my driveway for a few years if I'm lucky at that point, so hoping someone would offer for the whole deal.

I am located in Central NJ and you would have to tow it if interested. Please feel free to PM me and I can provide pictures to those interested.

Thanks all so much and a sad day for me as part of this community. I look forward to any realistic offers and interest. Thanks again all!
Old 05-21-2021, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
What happened to the engine? It would be HIGHLY unusual for a M272 to just implode without warning. Putting aside the early balance shaft issue engines...the M272 block and head is incredibly stout.
If you're considering parting the car, why not just drop a new longblock in and call it a day?

Last edited by ps2cho; 05-21-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:29 AM

Certified MB mechanic said it threw almost every code for the motor, which lead him to believe it is either a new motor and/or new computer system. Turns on but doesn’t idle and he felt it was a gut. Agreed with your comment, that motor gave me only positive experiences and this is in fact the first mechanical issue I’ve had with the car. Unfortunately it’s no longer under warranty and the insurance company gave it a salvage title so we felt it wasn’t worth investing more into it and pursued another vehicle.

So open to anyone who is interested to do what you suggest - would be willing to be fairly flexible considering it would have to be towed. Feel free to submit a reasonable offer!

Originally Posted by ps2cho
What happened to the engine? It would be HIGHLY unusual for a M272 to just implode without warning. Putting aside the early balance shaft issue engines...the M272 block and head is incredibly stout.
If you're considering parting the car, why not just drop a new longblock in and call it a day?
Old 05-23-2021, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
Hold up…before trashing this car I would go take it to the dealer and ask for a 2nd opinion. Worst case you pay them a couple hundred bucks to confirm. Just tell them your mechanic said it’s to the junkyard and you want them to tell you their opinion before you sink more money in.

if the issue is a compute module - just have the dealer figure it out and then go buy a used one on eBay and swap it in and keep driving.

that “certified MB mechanic” is a hack. Bet he offered to “take the car off your hands” for $500 too. If the car idles the motors fine and it’s probably one offending module since this happened suddenly.

most likely: a module.
worst case (however unlikely) it’s a devil wiring issue requiring serious time sink to find it.

If YOU are done with the car then do what want, but putting aside the salvage title part, id at minimum get a real diagnosis. Your mechanic basically just said he didn’t want to bother with it and to sell the car.

Last edited by ps2cho; 05-23-2021 at 08:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
If I were in your position I'd call Bill Ditmire at Ditmire Motors in Absecon, New Jersey. I'm not 100% sure he values the W211s as much as he does the old straight-five diesels...but he should absolutely be square one when figuring out whether to fix it or sell it as a parts car. He might be interested in either proposition.

Let us know if you contact him and whether he can help you.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:53 PM

Thank you both for the input - definitely will take all options into consideration, really appreciate the advice!