E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aftermarket radio stopped working 03 e320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320
Aftermarket radio stopped working 03 e320

Okay so I have 2003 e320 and I put a aftermarket radio + subwoofers using a scoshe wiring harness about 6 months ago everything was fine, until today when I got in my car and turned my radio on there was a repeating clicking/thumping/ticking noise coming from all the door speakers in my car. I could connect via Bluetooth and play music but the noise wouldnt stop. It was like this for 3 days before I decided to mess with the wiring harness to see if I could fix it but all the connections were fine. I ended up making it worse though because apparently now I can’t even get the radio to power on. Thought it was a possibility of it being my aftermarket radio because it is a cheap chineese flip out one however I brought it into my house and hooked it up to see if it worked and it did. I’ve read other forums and it said to try to remove the agw fuse for a few mins which I did and it didn’t help. Also disconnected and reconnected the canbus adapter and nothing helped. Any ideas? Why would it just stop working out of nowhere like this?
Old 07-02-2021, 09:05 PM

2003 e320
Also, not sure if this will help but I’ve also been having drainage issues with my battery. A Brand new battery
Old 07-03-2021, 06:55 PM

2003 e320
Originally Posted by azer carrot
Okay so I have 2003 e320 and I put a aftermarket radio + subwoofers using a scoshe wiring harness about 6 months ago everything was fine, until today when I got in my car and turned my radio on there was a repeating clicking/thumping/ticking noise coming from all the door speakers in my car. I could connect via Bluetooth and play music but the noise wouldnt stop. It was like this for 3 days before I decided to mess with the wiring harness to see if I could fix it but all the connections were fine. I ended up making it worse though because apparently now I can’t even get the radio to power on. Thought it was a possibility of it being my aftermarket radio because it is a cheap chineese flip out one however I brought it into my house and hooked it up to see if it worked and it did. I’ve read other forums and it said to try to remove the agw fuse for a few mins which I did and it didn’t help. Also disconnected and reconnected the canbus adapter and nothing helped. Any ideas? Why would it just stop working out of nowhere like this?

no ideas??