New owner I hope

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 09:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C350 Edition 1
New owner I hope

I’m close to getting a 2007 w211 e550

its not my first Benz nor the oldest and I have two sets of questions for the experts:

1. car has 154.000km and was wondering what are the things I have to do first because I don’t have the car history.
spark plugs, transmission oil, differential oil coolant and brake flush, what else?

2. it’s too quiet for me. What gives the best sound?
x-pipe? Mufflers delete or upgrade to which kind?

very excited for this one
thank you for your time
Old 07-28-2021, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 973 Likes on 757 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Fuel filter, engine air filter, cabin air filter, spark plug wires. Full inspection of the front suspension as by now bushings and/or ball joints will be beginning to fail. Inspect the coolant reservoir to see if it is beginning to turn brittle; just grab the edges between thumb and forefinger and see if it crumbles. If you replace the coolant reservoir also replace the hard line from the coolant reservoir to the upper radiator hose. It's not very expensive and it can get brittle with age.
Serpentine belt, idler pulley, and tensioner pulley.
Ensure you have the rubber covers that fit over the front sam, ecu, and brake fluid reservoir. The rubber covers are a belt and suspenders approach to ensure you do not get water into the ECU or front Sam in the event the plastic cover over the electronics is not securely fastened. That was an issue with the first couple of model years of the w211. Having personally experienced water intrusion into the ECU and front Sam, I can tell you that you do not want it to happen to your car.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 07-28-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:38 AM

2012 C350 Edition 1
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Fuel filter, engine air filter, cabin air filter, spark plug wires. Full inspection of the front suspension as by now bushings and/or ball joints will be beginning to fail. Inspect the coolant reservoir to see if it is beginning to turn brittle; just grab the edges between thumb and forefinger and see if it crumbles. If you replace the coolant reservoir also replace the hard line from the coolant reservoir to the upper radiator hose. It's not very expensive and it can get brittle with age.
Serpentine belt, idler pulley, and tensioner pulley.
Ensure you have the rubber covers that fit over the front sam, ecu, and brake fluid reservoir. The rubber covers are a belt and suspenders approach to ensure you do not get water into the ECU or front Sam in the event the plastic cover over the electronics is not securely fastened. That was an issue with the first couple of model years of the w211. Having personally experienced water intrusion into the ECU and front Sam, I can tell you that you do not want it to happen to your car.

thank you
i can do all that no issue.

how about transmission and front rear differential oil?

is there a maintenance manual online that I can look and figure out what is the manufacturer suggested maintenance?
Old 08-02-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

Originally Posted by kavadarci
thank you
i can do all that no issue.

how about transmission and front rear differential oil?

is there a maintenance manual online that I can look and figure out what is the manufacturer suggested maintenance?

I just did the trans fluid and rear diff fluid about a month ago, maybe less. At that mileage you definitely want to do the fluid. My w211 only has 60k miles and the fluid was brown.... Not burnt but definitely needed replacing. I believe our transmissions require ever 40k miles to be done.

This is the one I used: All information you need to know and documentation is here:
DIY 722.9 7G-tronic 7-speed automatic transmission service thread - MBWorld.org Forums

Rear diff is super easy to do. Do yourself a favor and get some type of a hand pump. It took me 30 seconds to fill the rear diff with one. Before I would always struggle with trying to use tunes or funnels..etc.

-Nigel

Old 08-02-2021, 08:54 AM

2012 C350 Edition 1
How many litres of oil did you end up using?
thank you