E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I got dvd in motion....at least up to 100mph!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally Posted by bmms8
etenn iirc, you were one of the first ones who got your car, that would be wierd if the navs werent regularily the same as the others. GL
It has to be a setting somewhere. Don't know where to start to look.
Old 09-14-2004 | 10:09 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
Originally Posted by etenn
It has to be a setting somewhere. Don't know where to start to look.
I haven't found the setting yet. But ... here are potential solutions:

Originally Posted by Oslo
You can try this:

For all of your guys from Europe that has a car that is equipped with DVD/TV, and is frustrated when the screen goes black at 8 km/h and above. Here is the solution:

Take your car to your dealer, and talk to the guy who is responsible for the Star Diagnostic System.

Ask him to do the following:

1. Menu “TV in Motion” is greyed out (German: TV während der Fart)
2. Activate the “Rear Seat Monitor” (even if it’s not installed) (German: Heckmonitore freigeben)
3. Then you will have access to the menu: “TV in motion”. Activate it.
4. Go to the menu: DVD-Region. If it’s EUROPE, change it to D (Germany) and back to Europe
5. Give the guy some pocket money

Enjoy, but be aware: It’s your responsibility as a driver to keep your eyes on the road, and leave the entertainment to your passenger!

Ps.
The menus will probably not be exactly as I spelled it, but you/he will find something very similar.
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
...any MODIFIED stardiagnose can enable TV/DVD in motion on ALL (211) comand systems...I can enable TV/DVD on any 211 comand with my stardiagnose...

greetingz,
Old 09-14-2004 | 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally Posted by PSquared
I haven't found the setting yet. But ... here are potential solutions:
Hmmmm. I can't even imagine the response you would get from a US service advisor. :p
Old 09-14-2004 | 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by etenn
I really was looking forward to driving down HOH's street at 120 watching Harry Potter. :p
Hey, watch it buddy.....
Old 09-14-2004 | 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
Hey, watch it buddy.....
<at 120mph...watching video>
Old 09-14-2004 | 11:54 PM
Almost a Member!

It's funny all the jokes everyones made about dvd in motion up til 100. Seriously though it dangerous...I take the turnpike every morning and for the last few days watched movies on the way to work. But it's a bad habit and I'm glad that other car companies don't have it as an option!

Has anyone told the dealer about it, I'm curious to see there reaction. I'm going to make sure they don't update any more software!

I haven't changed the keyboard setting to ece yet, I'm afraid that it will affect dvd in motion. Does anyone with dvd in motion have there keyboard setting on ece?

I'm intersted to hear what the other settings do? Please post pics.
Old 09-14-2004 | 11:58 PM
Almost a Member!

I was curious what other models would have dvd video, dvd in motion...anybody know?
Old 09-15-2004 | 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by madde500
I was curious what other models would have dvd video, dvd in motion...anybody know?

i believe only the nav replace 03's, just because that, even on 03 models, the mercedes NAV was all CD based. and of course after that, the US versions of DVD NAV dont have the W211_ECE option. this is just my opinion though
Old 09-15-2004 | 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
I take the turnpike every morning and for the last few days watched movies on the way to work. But it's a bad habit and I'm glad that other car companies don't have it as an option!
So Its O.K for YOU to watch catoons but nobody else.... What a friggin hypocrite.... I personally can't figure out the infactuation of watching movies while driving. Your a danger to yourself and others, (more importaintly others). Have respect for your fellow drivers and RIDERS and knock it off....
Old 09-15-2004 | 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
So Its O.K for YOU to watch catoons but nobody else.... What a friggin hypocrite.... I personally can't figure out the infactuation of watching movies while driving. Your a danger to yourself and others, (more importaintly others). Have respect for your fellow drivers and RIDERS and knock it off....
Hi Honda on a Moped
Now, Now, temper, temper Is this your 'Hells Angels darker side coming to the surface???

I like the picture of the imitation Harley Is that a spare engine in the pannier box, (I noticed the exhaust ports) and why do you have the rear stabilizers retracted???? and don't try to convince me they are exhausts.......

As Chief Activist of the Ban the Video in Motion Campaign I would like to appoint you as Chief Enforcer. Are you up to this potentially violent post??

I have a baseball bat that goes with the position, this technical piece of equipment must only be used to 'switch off' any sytem that you believe is being used for this heinious (I made that word up because I do not know if it is spelt correctly) act. Oh and you may also use it to attract the attention of any driver that appears not to be driving with due care and attention.

I would recommend a loop be fitted to this 'enforcer' thus it can be held in the left hand whilst riding your Harley, and don't forget to wear your crash helmet whilst riding your bike on the public highway.....

Regards,
John
Bright clear blue skies (The boss's version)
Sunny Torquay
Old 09-15-2004 | 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have not heard of any other manufacturers offering this 'option' BUT.... In my Sprinter I have a Pioneer DVD Navigation system and the installer asked if I wanted the DVD video to play whilst the vehicle was in motion.

The system is fitted in a console for my own use whilst I am on my stretcher so I appreciated the offer. The installer then simply 'failed' to connect a wire to the handbrake relay. My point here is how many self fit Navigation systems are there where this wire has not been connected?????

We are now even hearing of drivers playing computer games whilst driving their cars!!!!!

Regards, and safe driving
John
Sunny Torquay
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by glojo
Hi Honda on a Moped

I would recommend a loop be fitted to this 'enforcer' thus it can be held in the left hand whilst riding your Harley, and don't forget to wear your crash helmet whilst riding your bike on the public highway.....
ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing

I’m impressed that you remembered that he was driving on the right side of the road, and therefore have to keep the Baseball bat in his left hand. Haven't you guys on the little island of yours figured out that driving on the left side is far more dangerous than watching TV while driving?
Old 09-15-2004 | 06:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Oslo
ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing

I’m impressed that you remembered that he was driving on the right side of the road, and therefore have to keep the Baseball bat in his left hand. Haven't you guys on the little island of yours figured out that driving on the left side is far more dangerous than watching TV while driving?
Oh you Philastine!!!! Think motor bike, think throttle (right hand) If you held the bat in right hand then 'no throttle' AND.... and our steering wheel is on the right, so we must be RIGHT, right??????

You will be first on the 'Hit List'.

I see that the Republic of Ireland are now going metric and converting their speeds into kilometres.

Soon they will be driving on the right, but at first it will only apply to HGV's (heavy goods vehicles) and buses. If this proves succesful, cars and other small vehicles will change over the following week.

The first part might be fact, and indeed the second might be .....

Regards,
John
Sunny Torquay

Last edited by glojo; 09-15-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2004 | 06:52 AM

OK - is this feature limited to the late run 03's that were equipped with Nav? My 04 was built in October 03. Is it a waste of time for me to try to play with the codes and see if a DVD can play? Also is there a difference between a video DVD and a regular DVD?
Old 09-15-2004 | 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Mercedesfan
OK - is this feature limited to the late run 03's that were equipped with Nav? My 04 was built in October 03. Is it a waste of time for me to try to play with the codes and see if a DVD can play? Also is there a difference between a video DVD and a regular DVD?

hey, i would definately try to see if it works. i believe they are both the same thing. GL with it
Old 09-15-2004 | 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Hi Honda on a Moped
Now, Now, temper, temper Is this your 'Hells Angels darker side coming to the surface???

I like the picture of the imitation Harley Is that a spare engine in the pannier box, (I noticed the exhaust ports) and why do you have the rear stabilizers retracted???? and don't try to convince me they are exhausts.......

As Chief Activist of the Ban the Video in Motion Campaign I would like to appoint you as Chief Enforcer. Are you up to this potentially violent post??

I have a baseball bat that goes with the position, this technical piece of equipment must only be used to 'switch off' any sytem that you believe is being used for this heinious (I made that word up because I do not know if it is spelt correctly) act. Oh and you may also use it to attract the attention of any driver that appears not to be driving with due care and attention.

Regards,
John
Bright clear blue skies (The boss's version)
Sunny Torquay
L.O.L.... Absolutly brilliant.... I see your back to true form. Perhaps new meds???? or maybe you up'ed the dosage???

P.S...Keep this under your hat, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the chief enforcer job. You know as well as I with my 5'-8" 150 lbs stature and I may only qualify for the mascott position...
Old 09-15-2004 | 09:39 PM

2017 E300W
Civility!

Why so many personal attacks on an otherwise civilized forum? Hey, no one's really attacking anone's Harley!
Old 09-15-2004 | 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by TPAbnz
Hey, no one's really attacking anone's Harley!
Unless your watching DVD movies when your supose to be watching the road.... Obviously you don't ride, but you obviously drive so you must agree that this is something the driver should not be doing while driving correct???? If not then perhaps a few hours on a motorcycle will awaken you to all the A-hole's out there driving with there head up their asses or better yet now watching cartoons.....
No personal attacks intended. Only true life expeiriences with drivers "pre-occupied"... Nuff Said.
Old 09-15-2004 | 10:10 PM

2017 E300W
Obviously you don't ride.
Obviously, you don't know me.
Old 09-15-2004 | 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Obviously, you don't know me.
Obviously.... But you did'nt answer my question.....
Old 09-16-2004 | 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why so many personal attacks on an otherwise civilized forum? Hey, no one's really attacking anone's Harley!
Humour, humour,..... The only personal attacks here are hopefully on myself (for being an activist??????? ME an activist???? ) and my continual attacks on Hell on a Yamaha-ha-ha.

Surely life is too short to get 'up tight' over a piece of friendly banter???

Plot with me against a certain 'stirring' viking (who I really have a lot of respect for)

Join today.... Go on you know you want.........

Ban the DVD Video in Motion Campaign today....

Harley,
You may only be 4' 2", but you will do (I'm desperate) You wind them up, and we will just have to get someone else to knock them down.

As we used to say back in the 60's (Height Ashbury 68) "Make Love Not War dude"

Regards to you all
John
Cool but sunny Torquay
Old 09-16-2004 | 05:45 AM

Plot with me against a certain 'stirring' viking (who I really have a lot of respect for)
Hei og hå! (Vikings: Hi there)

The Viking is here! I see the time has come to remove the COMAND from my vehicle. The pressure is building up. I rather communicate via norse code in the future (misspelling intended), and use the North Star (also called the Odin’s Eye) for navigation then trying to stand up against Hell on Yamaha and Glojo's Sprinter.

Ps: Although most of Minnesota’s inhabitants have Norwegian forefathers, do not mix us up with the Minnesota Vikings:

Little David was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up, fireman, policeman, salesman, etc.

David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. "

"Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

"The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some colouring, and took Little David aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?

"No," said David, "He plays for the Minnesota Vikings, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."
Old 09-16-2004 | 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Humour, humour,..... The only personal attacks here are hopefully on myself (for being an activist??????? ME an activist???? ) and my continual attacks on Hell on a Yamaha-ha-ha.

Surely life is too short to get 'up tight' over a piece of friendly banter???

Join today.... Go on you know you want.........

Ban the DVD Video in Motion Campaign today....

Harley,
You may only be 4' 2", but you will do (I'm desperate) You wind them up, and we will just have to get someone else to knock them down.

As we used to say back in the 60's (Height Ashbury 68) "Make Love Not War dude"

Regards to you all
John
Cool but sunny Torquay
I always seemed to be the guy that was the one who snuck and crouched down behind our enimmy while the other pushed
P.S.... I've always liked and live by the saying "better to burn out than fade away" Keep up the good work my friend...