Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E200K
Cold Start Erratic Idling & 722.6 trans overhaul

Hi Peeps,

Hope all is well.

I recently developed some issues with my 722.6 tranny on a E200K M271 , car couldn't move despite gear in D and RPM revs up. Had a P2222 error in which i swapped out my conductor plate and flushed the tranny which solved the problem. 2 days later, the issue re-occured. And this time threw a P2502 error which is a slipping error, i was convinced that my tranny need a rebuild. So i sent for an overhaul, they used an overhaul kit for the clutches and also rebuild the torque converter. i have taken back the car, driven less than 100km since rebuild(adaptation done) and there seems to be some minors kinks.

1. Cold start(left over night), the RPM idle is rough fluctuates violently between 800 to 1500 rpm and settles down after 20-30 secs. Once warmed up the RPM seems stable at idle with no fluctuations. When i leave it for a few hours after i get to work and i restart when i leave, the idle seems fine and fluctuates less violently. Its only for the overnight startups that the car behaves with rough idle. Prior to the rebuild, daily when i start up, the rpm just fluctuates slightly btwn 200-300rpm range and settle down quickly, Now it abit more violent and fluctuates within a higher rev range maybe 500-700rpm.

2. After rebuild, the tranny seems less smooth when under low load at low gear/rpm. ie 20km/h low gear and light throttle, i notice the gear stutters like a hesitation. Feeling is like there is insufficient pressure or power so need to gas it more. When its on higher RPM and gear with more throttle, its very smooth on both downshifts and upshifts. Not sure if it will get better over time, differing views on run in period for newly rebuild tranny.

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. Look forward to any pointers, likely clean the throttle body and MAF over the week end and check on the plugs for starters.

Last edited by JayW211; 09-09-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:40 AM

W211 E200K
Had a radiator leak about 1 year back that leaked coolant in to tranny. Initially thought I managed to save the tranny but somehow it died off after almost a year and 8000km milleage. Looks like the coolant and water did it damage to the friction plates over a couple of months eventually leading to slip on the tranny. Leaving the tranny oil black and also metal shavings on the sump, sad and pro longed death. But surprisingly it drove decently well until it decide to lose complete pressure.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:38 PM

W211 E200K
anyone has any ideas to chine in, would really appreciate it. TIA