E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

08 e350 EPS warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes e350 2008
08 e350 EPS warning light

Here’s the story 1/05/22 ( scroll to bottom dates first to see if problem solved)
Took my car to get some maintenance done at local shop they disconnected my battery for a few days on my way out to the streets my eps light came on (only the eps no other warnings besides top washer fluid)

here’s what I’ve done/tried
Ive already changed/replaced brake light switch (haven’t reset code DONT have a reader :/) also have tried the hard left hard right wheel thing about 100 times still nothing here’s the crazy part this has been going on for about a month now we’ll today I got fed up and drove to an autozone in hopes of using their scanner to maybe find out what’s wrong reader came up with 0 codes (Im thinking it probably couldn’t read through the eps)

What that did results:
anyways I try the left right thing one more for the giggles and IT WORKED ? (No it didn’t) I managed to drive off go home turn car off go back out turn car everything’s fine I’m driving about 10 minutes on the freeway and light came back on someone help.

quick edit:
I should note I have experienced 0 issues from the light coming on it’s just very annoying to me seeing it there and I can’t seem to get rid of it

1/6/22 updates
it’s been 2 days since posting and I decided to look at my brake light one more time as I remember when installing my new one I pushed in the white spring loader piece in as I thought I’d have to to make it fit after some thinking I thought maybe my issue is a faulty connection as the length to the sensor is too short/loose so I went back in and made it longer again by pulling it back out and the light is GONE AGAIN ? Drove about 2 minutes to leave job site ti a different one multiple breaking involved light still off Will keep this post updated MAYBE I FIXED IT ?

update 1/7/22
been a couple days and light still has not come back on even took it on a long drive with my ac on not that I’d think that would affect it but I’m starting to think adjusting the plastic spring to make it longer on the brake switch so that’s it’s extended did the trick for me!

Final Update 1/27/22
I’ll keep it simple still no light still no issues! Looks like my little trick worked

Last edited by ab2real; 01-27-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:15 AM

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts
2006 E280
Generic scanners can't read all the modules. You'll have to find someone with Mercedes specific scanner like iCarsoft or similar, or go to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
ab2real (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 410 Likes on 341 Posts
C320
Find a new mechanic. They shouldn't be disconnecting the battery for days.
The following users liked this post:
ab2real (01-05-2022)