E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How many CDI owners are here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
Me Too

...although only technically, as ours is still on Harms' boat.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:01 PM
drb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Question

Do any of you CDI owners have keyless go? My dealer says CDI's cannot operate with keyless go because the ignition happens in two phases...glo plug firing and then ignition. However, MBUSA says keyless go is an option, and the CDI glossy lists it as an option. This is is one of two things holding me back. The other is there is no sport option (air dynamic is rarely used) and I would have to settle for burl wood...yikes. I really like the birdseye maple.

I am so tempted to join this club, but I would miss keyless go and the maple. Am I being unreasonable?

Ok yeah, the Sirius antenna is supposed to be enormous. Any pics?

Last edited by drb; 10-17-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by drb
Do any of you CDI owners have keyless go? My dealer says CDI's cannot operate with keyless go because the ignition happens in two phases...glo plug firing and then ignition. However, MBUSA says keyless go is an option, and the CDI glossy lists it as an option. This is is one of two things holding me back. The other is there is no sport option (air dynamic is rarely used) and I would have to settle for burl wood...yikes. I really like the birdseye maple.

I am so tempted to join this club, but I would miss keyless go and the maple. Am I being unreasonable?

Ok yeah, the Sirius antenna is supposed to be enormous. Any pics?
Once again it is MBUSA that is letting you down.

My vehicle could have had every spec that you requested. I did not want the air suspension, nor did I choose to have keyless-go. I did however have maple finish with the white dials. I also have an estate. All these options are available in left-hand drive specification, but not all countries.

Regards,
John

CDI engines are excellent and are now available from a multitude of manufacturers. The 400CDI is available to some countries but sadly not the UK.

Audi are also a manufacturer that makes a very powerful fast and economical diesel.

Top Gear Reports
Jeremy has gone all green! Diesel cars are well known for their brilliant fuel economy, that's why the Americans refuse to drive them. So we wondered just how good is a diesel engine? Could Jeremy drive an Audi A8 all the way to Edinburgh and back on just one tank of fuel. It sounds absolutely insane, doesn't it? Even Audi laughed at us when we told them what we were going to do. "Zis car can't go 800 miles on one tank of ze petrol," they said.
Slightly Off topic but informative

Even though they meant diesel
Regards,
A very laid back John
In darkest Torquay

Last edited by glojo; 10-18-2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DRB:
I have keyless go on my '05 CDI. It works perfectly with the diesel engine. Your salesman needs to be better informed!