E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Any recommendations for speaker upgrades?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 W211
Any recommendations for speaker upgrades?

For the past year of having my 2006 E350 I’ve enjoyed the speaker system on it. The has the HK speaker system which is pretty loud and has great bass but I was looking to add some louder speakers and possible subwoofers. I’ve looked at some articles and have seen multiple suggestions and they all have different reviews.

Anyone have any suggestions and possible installation location spots that they would recommend?
Old 04-20-2022, 02:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
I'd read through this thread, it's got some really solid details from an electrical engineer with an audio background who went down this path only to stick with the HK speakers.
https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...on-system.html
Old 04-20-2022, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W205 2020 Saloon Burmester
Post Look at these options ...

I want to rip out the so-called 'premium' Burmester system and replace with new speakers and amp. It really is a difficult task when you don't want to feel ripped off. Most experts I have spoken to expect me to pay several thousand pounds and have nothing I can listen to before I commit. Would you buy a high-end television without seeing the screen?

Any ideas on speakers
- Eton
- Match
- Musway
- BLAM (former connection with Focal)
- Focal front and another brand elsewhere

Any idea on amps and whether I need 10 channel
- JL
- Alpine
- Musway
- Match
- Helix

My present system plays flac/WAV either via SDcard/USB and of course plays Bluetooth. With any of the above amps, will I have to buy additional kit/dongle to be able to play them still?

It's a minefield. Some 'professional' installers rub their hands together with people like me: Some can't even be bothered to communicate and that worries me. They all seem to think that £3,000 is peanuts. Would you buy an expensive suit without being able to see and feel the cloth? I don't really know what is/ins't needed and they just see profit selling kit that I might not need.

I'm not going to rush this because I wasted £2,500 several years ago upgrading a BMW 5 series and hated it the moment I drove it away (Rainbow speakers/subs, Morel tweeters, Audison amp, Audison Bit One processor)

My present choice is Matchup10 DSP and Match speakers.

Can anyone help this senior citizen please?
Old 04-27-2022, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
In my opinion, one only needs to change the four door speakers, replacing them with high power 2 way speakers. I changed all four door speakers to FOCAL 165KRX2 plus I drive them from a 150W rms X 4 channel power amp using the four door speaker output from existing amp as input to the power amp. The speakers only handle 100Watts hence you need to ensure you don't exceed that power else you would blow the expensive Focals. Professionally installed by a car audio shop, the door speakers provide a huge amount of midrange plus the front tweeters were installed in the quarterlite plastic triangle piece; I will have to take a few fresh pics. The amp was installed and wiredf by me and it's situated/secured inside the left rear trunk quarter panel since the OEM amp is also there and helps keep with wiring etc. Power from the amp comes straight from the battery. I will soon be replacing the Focal door speakers with the newer Focal ES 165 KX2. I always purchase these from a regular Focal dealer; a lot of genuine looking fakes are sold on ebay, hence beware. I have considered installing the Audison Bit One but never got around to it.