E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

AC off/Rest feature (Press and hold)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2004 | 08:19 AM

'07 GL450
AC off/Rest feature (Press and hold)

Ok..

So.. I'm tinkering around with my ride yesterday (after having read the thread on the Summer feature) when I decide to press and hold the AC off/Rest button (instead of the [recirculate] button) to see if it would close all the windows and pano.. ..it didn't. What it did do, though, was change the climate control display to: "00" on the left, and a temperature reading (in celsius) on the right.

The numbers on the left were sequentially changeable with the left temperature control, while the temperature reading on the right seemed to jump erratically (preprogrammed somehow) dependant upon the left setting. When left alone, the temperature reading would change (increase) periodically; however, whatever it was changed to, it would reset to "00" once the car was restarted.

Has anyone else noticed this on their w211? Is there any usefulness to it (like adjusting the temperature of the air emanating from the vents)?

Just curious.
Old 10-01-2004 | 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
You got in to the diagnostic mode, which allows you to see various different attributes, such as inside temperature, etc. Each of these numbers mean something. Search for posts by awiner, as I believe that he has posted what each of the segments mean.
Old 10-01-2004 | 09:36 AM

'07 GL450
Got it.

Thanks.

If anyone else is interested, here's the previous thread on this topic.