E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

tumble flat code, running perfect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 e550
tumble flat code, running perfect

I looked down closely with a light, and nothing is broken on the tumble flat actuator mechanism, it is easy to move with my finger, so its not seized, the car works perfect as well,

so my question is, when the tumble flap sensor comes on, and the car is working perfect, idle/hard acceleration Am I safe to assume is it actually just a faulty sensor? also a local mechanic tried to get a reading on the scanner for that sensor and it was basically blank, so he concluded the sensor wasnt reading anything, thusly, faulty.

any confirmation or input would be appreciated, no local benz dealer so not even sure where to get the sensors.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:40 AM

2007 e550
Also, i am not having very good luck tracking down the sensors online, one would expect it would be called "tumble flap sensor " but no luck ,,, any help with part number would also be appreciated
Old 07-01-2022, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 342 Posts
C320
What's a tumble flat? What engine? What year?
Old 07-01-2022, 09:45 AM

2007 e550
2007 mercedes benz E550 4matic 5.5

tumble flap seems to be a common issue to break on this era mercedes, it changes the angle or lenght of the intake runners depends on any given throttle, its based on vacuum. At least this is my understanding.

so my question was, given i can see the external linkage is not broken, but i do have a code coming up(as seen in picture) how likely is it that is is the sensor gone and not an internal issue,

also, am i right to assume that when the linkage is broken internally the car will run rough at idle? or higher rpm, depending what position it is broken in

also, i am not having any luck locating this sensors on any online parts sites

sorry, since i was in the e-class thread i overlooked putting the year and such.