E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

COMMAND System dead after battery drain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 CLS550
COMMAND System dead after battery drain

*Posting this here as well as the C219 forum, because the COMMAND system and wiring for these cars are near identical.*

I recently had my 2011 CLS550 in the dealership (MB McKinney, Texas. Please never go there, the service is absolutely horrible) for a few cosmetic repairs and a bent wheel. It ended up taking nearly 2 weeks for the wheel to arrive back, and in that time the car sat, I don't know for how long, but it did, and the battery died. I had never had any issues with the battery before, so this seemed odd to me.

Finally picked up the car, and noticed the COMMAND system was dead, no audio, no screen, would not accept discs, etc. I tried resetting it, tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, I tried checking fuses, and nothing seems to be wrong, but the unit is not functional at all. The dealership offered to keep my car for even longer to diagnose it (of course, they said the repairs would be on me, as they accept no fault for it, even though it worked perfectly when I brought it in, and now it's bricked)

I'm looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue, or has any advice on solving it. The only fuse that I could find related to the COMMAND system was fuse 28 and 26 in the fuse box inside of the front left door, as well as fuse 6 in the cargo area and they were all fine, are there any other fuses or places I should check?