E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Radiator expansion hose placement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 08:18 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
06 E500 4Matic Wagon
Radiator expansion hose placement

Hi everyone, I recently replaced my Nissens radiator from FCP Euro with a brnad new OEM one from Valeo. After installing it, I noticed there was a connection on the top corner for a hose. Looking online, it seems it's for the coolant expansion tank, but my old radiator does not have this. The collant expansion hose goes into the upper radiator hose. I talked to FCP and they said this is the correct radiator. They are still trying to figure this out but maybe someone here can confirm if this is a later design change. FCP and the dealer say this is for the 03-06 E500 and the 06 CLS 500. Not sure why this is different or if it even matters. I have not put coolant back into the system yet as I'm afraid it will leak out of that port. Any help would be appreciated. I also have pics of the Nissens radiator that shows no port.

Part # from the dealer is A2115003102

Old 11-22-2022, 12:05 PM

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
2006 E280
Piece of hose, two hose clamps, and a hex screw. Push the screw to the other end of the hose (maybe some sealant to the threads) and toghten the hose clamp, and install to the radiator port and tighten the other clamp.
Or autoparts store may have correct size plugs.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
06 E500 4Matic Wagon
Thanks for the reply. I decided to send it back to FCP and they confirmed it was the wrong part. I reinstalled my Nissens radiator and used OEM trans cooler line clips and they worked much better.