Questions on E-class, please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally Posted by glojo
I remember seeing someone actually smoke a cigarette in a cinema It was brilliantly amusing. A member of staff actually had a very long bamboo pole and hit the person on the head with it whilst perhaps 'advising' them of their indescretion. In this country we spend thousands of pounds removing chewing gum from footpaths
As long as it works!!!

I used to enjoy going to Singapore. I was last there in March for my moms medical treatment. What I've noticed though in the last 2-3 years is like there's been a decline in the social attitude of its youths. I've noticed an increasing number of youths just lingering around shopping centers and video arcades. A lot different from the Singapore I knew from say 5-8 yrs ago. Wonder what happened.....
Old 10-20-2004, 11:58 AM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
Well, gum is still prohibited, unless it's medically indicated (eg. for plaque reduction &/or nicotine addiction).

Moral decline of the youth? I reckon it's a world-wide phenomenon. If you don't believe me, just take a read at some of the postings by so-called "16" and "17" year olds who allegedly "drive an SLK" over in the other boards

Glad you guys have fond memories of Singapore - it's really not a bad place to live (I'm sure everyone would have differing opinions), and I agree - we've gotten some things right somewhat .

EXCEPT THE BIT ABOUT CARS HERE COSTING MORE THAN HOUSES IN SOME COUNTRIES, that is :p
Old 10-20-2004, 12:41 PM

2004 E500
[QUOTE=glojoMy wife still has the beautiful dresses that I had made in Singapore (and they still fit) I put that down to strong zips
John[/QUOTE]

If she reads these posts, you better hope that she doesn't have one of those bamboo poles.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan
If she reads these posts, you better hope that she doesn't have one of those bamboo poles.

I may be daft, but DEFINITELY not suicidal

Whoops she's coming. bye.......

John
Old 10-21-2004, 03:26 AM

Hahah, glojo. Loved your comment about the extra-strength Singapore-made zippers

Anyway, the agent called today - after removing the dashboard, re-routing the airvents, resealing the whole thingamee and spouting essentially what I think is a whole truck-load of bovine excrement - my car will FINALLY (please please, pretty please) be delivered on Saturday.

So, the excitement level climbs once more...
Old 10-21-2004, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wobbles
my car will FINALLY (please please, pretty please) be delivered on Saturday.

So, the excitement level climbs once more...
Hooray, fingers crossed for Saturday. I know exactly what you mean about car salesman. I think they go to exactly the same honesty school as politicians.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
John
Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 AM

The fantastic news is that dealer will be driving the car down to my workplace on Saturday - how's that for service

The bad news is I'm working on a Saturday... *bleah*
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wobbles
The fantastic news is that dealer will be driving the car down to my workplace on Saturday - how's that for service
Excellent service, but would you not prefer to be 'the first' to drive your car?
(I accept that the car has to leave the factory, get onto and off a ship, then get to the dealership).

The service that is being offered to you is one that we should all expect. (Wow!!! a peregrine falcon just went hurtling pass my window in 'hot pursuit' of a pigeon)

Anyway before I was rudely interrupted... Dealers should try there hardest to retain customers and what better way than good service? My dealer will deliver a courtesy car, take my vehicle away, then when complete deliver it back to me all at no charge. If it is for a service then I pay the relevant service fee.

Just a few days to go...
Regards,
John
Old 10-21-2004, 10:15 AM

Heh heh, I "drove" the car when I tested it, and promptly found the leaking air vent ... as well as got my feathers all ruffled (no, no falcon after me) by the SBC's groaning.

So, no biggie... I'll have my car delivered to the door, thanks

After all the trouble they've put me through, after all that teasing (but no orgas... you know what I mean), I just can NOT wait for Saturday

Will keep all of you guys posted, FOR SURE... and I'll do well to splash the car's piccies all over the forum

Regards,
John (one too many?)